Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just announced, $1,000 additional cash on purchase of 05 SSR. This makes the deal $6,000 or 0% financing for 4 years through November 13th.

·
Registered
442 Posts
not really ..... billy mork explained this to us in another post. That $1000 was given to the dealer who usually passed it on. Now it is given to the customer but only after sales tax is paid on it so what really happened is the net/real price went up the amount of sales tax your state charges on $1000. Does anyone know how this compares with whatever the dealers get to help them sell '04's??? I feel for those guys sitting on the 5.3's they cannot sell.

·
Registered
595 Posts
the money works out the same on the 2004 as the dealer cash and the 2005 the thing is the majority of the dealers sitting on the 2004's have recieved offers all year and have just not decided to take the loss of course i know of at least 3 dealers in michigan that still have new 2003's in stock

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Danko said:
not really ..... billy mork explained this to us in another post. That $1000 was given to the dealer who usually passed it on. Now it is given to the customer but only after sales tax is paid on it so what really happened is the net/real price went up the amount of sales tax your state charges on $1000. Does anyone know how this compares with whatever the dealers get to help them sell '04's??? I feel for those guys sitting on the 5.3's they cannot sell.
In Pennsylvania, the $6,000 is shown as a discount and is tax exempt !!! So it is a REAL DEAL !!!

·
Registered
374 Posts
I missed the low financing

but, I did get all $6000 included in the discount. MSRP was $49,400, I paid $36,800. So, I guess I shouldn't bellyache.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Zorro said:
Just announced, $1,000 additional cash on purchase of 05 SSR. This makes the deal $6,000 or 0% financing for 4 years through November 13th.
I'm hoping the following statement from the Lansing State Journal will mean even lower prices on the SSR.

"The Chevrolet SSR, made at the Lansing Craft Center, saw its sales fall 48.2 percent to 353 units, down from 707 last year".

I really think it's going to get worse before it gets better.

·
Registered
442 Posts
This morning, they will announce the latest imbalance of trade payments for prior month. Those numbers are key to very much in this country. As we continue to send our money overseas, it becomes worth less and our jobs disappear. Bottom line is our economy is tanking and yes, for those that can swing it, there will be even better deals coming this winter. Almost sad that dealers are sitting on '03's.

·
Registered
595 Posts
but if everyone keeps waiting and waiting or buying the imports . . ..what is to become of our economy it will get worse and worse and yes some people may have money but if the economy keeps getting worse their money may practically be useless because it will buy less and less

dont wait save your country if you are in the market buy one now buy american i dont care if you buy from me or someone else but if you want to buy dont wait

AMERICA NEEDS YOUR HELP

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Danko said:
This morning, they will announce the latest imbalance of trade payments for prior month. Those numbers are key to very much in this country. As we continue to send our money overseas, it becomes worth less and our jobs disappear. Bottom line is our economy is tanking and yes, for those that can swing it, there will be even better deals coming this winter. Almost sad that dealers are sitting on '03's.
Danka I agree with your statement 100% about " Bottom line is our economy is tanking and yes, for those that can swing it, there will be even better deals coming this winter. Almost sad that dealers are sitting on '03's" I think there should be some even better deals coming up on the SSR because this vehicle is gong to be sitting in a lot of lots over the winter especially in the midwest. I know if you do a search on GM Buypower you'll see hundreds of 2005 SSRs' that dealers have for sale just sitting on their lots. I know one dealer in my area has had the one I want sitting on his lot for five months. It'll probably be there much longer if he dosen't change his price more. GM has the vehicle way over priced just because it has a vet engine in it. I'm gong to see can I get a better deal in Michigan at dealers around lansing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts