Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
Is that adjuster pretty much ran in on both sides or do they have that much threads exposed? Wondering how much adjustment they use. One of my next projects is comparing my lowered one to the other not lowered to see what the off set it between them.
Good thing they came in red. ;)

Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
Is that adjuster pretty much ran in on both sides or do they have that much threads exposed? Wondering how much adjustment they use. One of my next projects is comparing my lowered one to the other not lowered to see what the off set it between them.
A little goes a long way... I was able to shift the rear end over about 3/8 of an inch and still have more adjustment available. I鈥檝e used these to re-center the rear on both our Rs. The other benefit is that since the bushings are urethane they take the initial shift out of the rear end when entering a corner.

Premium Member
Got my RED adjustable Pan Bar today. Waiting on Strut Rods from S/E. By the way they are RED also.馃榿馃お馃榿馃お. View attachment 592851
Just for your general information, it's a "Panhard" bar, named for the company that invented it, eons ago.

Premium Member
The axle moves very little during its travel. The bar is very long and swings a huge arc, and it's mounted relatively close to horizontal. I could find very little measurable, lateral movement going through the suspension travel.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #13
Just for your general information, it's a "Panhard" bar, named for the company that invented it, eons ago.
I knew that 馃槈馃槈馃槈馃槈馃槈. Thanks

Registered
Had one put on years ago with rear wheel balancing and alignment.
It's everything you said it is.
Flat corners especially with all of Mike in AZ suspension improvements.

Registered
So if they are running about 3/8 off center then they only need half that amount to center the read end so only 3/16 of adjustment needed or there about?

Registered
@SWT RYD what did you use to lower your truck with? And how much is it lowered. Getting ready to do my Aqua Blur so trying to get as many opinions as I can before I decide which way to go. I know you drive your a lot so you will also know how the ride compares to the stock stuff.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #20
I purchase Mike's lowering springs. It lowered it about an inch. I can notice a little ride stiffness when you go over bumps, but cruising down the road it just rides so smooth. I also installed Firestone air bags in the springs, haven't used them yet only if I load up the bed is when I will use them. Just anxious to see how much the rides going to be affected with the new sway bar, panhard bar and torsion bars. Haven't done anything to the front end hope to have these parts installed before we go to Deadwood.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts