Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
@Administrator @cricket

For some reason I am not getting email notifications for conversations or thread replies. Last year or so I had the exact same problem that took me over 6 months of communication to get someone to take a look at the Mailgun software and take a whole 2 minutes to remove my email address from the SPAM list. Not sure if this is the same problem but NOT looking to have another 6 month problem.

I do not remember flagging anything from this site in my email as spam, I have checked my spam folder and I DO see 2 messages that were tagged as spam on the 15th, the same date that I last recieved a message from this site..... I have double checked all the checkboxes for notifications in my account on this site and it seems to me that they are all set properly. I highly suspect that the Mailgun software has my address in the "do not send" list again.

My last email notification for a forum reply was 15 Jan for the F11 wax thread.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can do some checking but it likely uses a new email address now, so you may have to mark them as not spam to start receiving them again.

- Cricket
Yes, I did unmark the 2 messages from the 15th as Non Spam but I still do not get notifications. If it were on my end I would have more messages in the spam folder for every time it was sent from your server. Cox.net does not prevent messages from getting to me when I mark them as spam, they just go into the spam folder instead of the Inbox and I only had 2 with the same date and was the last time I received any notifications from this website.

Again, I need someone to take a look at your email program (Mailgun) and check for my address being in there, I am sure your email server will not send notifications just like last time......... It literally took minutes to fix after I contacted the management at Vertical Scope.

The corrective action I need is below. Since I cannot see the Mailgun software and see what list I am on, I am providing instructions on how to remove my email address from all 3 areas. Here, let me provide you the direct link to the user manual for Mailgun- - http://documentation.mailgun.com/en/...te complaint

Within the Mailgun software, to release a single email from an unsubscribe list you type in.....
DELETE /"domain"/unsubscribes/"address"

To Delete a single complaint for reported SPAM you type in
DELETE /"domain"/complaints/"address"

To Delete a single complaint you type in
DELETE /"domain"/complaints/"address"

·
Administrator
1,594 Posts
Hi there!

We no longer use mailgun, but I can see on our side that these emails are not being delivered because they were previously marked as spam by your mail account or mail provider. Our system won't continue trying to deliver messages when they are reported as spam.

To fix this issue, please go into your email account and whitelist or add this site as an approved sender. If you can't add an entire domain, you can add this email address: [email protected]. Once you have done that, please reply back letting us know so we can remove that status on your email address on our side. As long as those messages are not reported as spam in the future, that should resolve the issue.

Cheers,
Gerrit

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@Administrator
As mentioned, I have already done what I can do and I am waiting for somebody on your end to fix the problem please. There is nothing left on my end to do, just like last time......... it is all up to you.

·
Administrator
1,594 Posts
@Administrator
As mentioned, I have already done what I can do and I am waiting for somebody on your end to fix the problem please. There is nothing left on my end to do, just like last time......... it is all up to you.
I will get this looked at tomorrow for you to see what we can do.

Jeff M

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Jeff,
I appreciate you "getting this looked at" hopefully today, but telling me I do not need to send 3 messages in a weeks time to get attention to this is NOT the response I was expecting from you or your support team. I think sending a message 48 hours after the last interaction is appropriate. So I am to sit here and wait for 5 months like last time this happened? I kept getting the "we're working on it" or "we'll get to it" then too. Understand the history of this issue and my frustration with it.

Cricket dropped the ball, then Garrit did the same. I say dropped the ball because they knew I had a problem and then failed to return to check on it or follow through with any other assistance. At least that is what it looks like to me since nobody returned to add any updates. Sure, your group have many other things you are working, but why not thoroughly correct a proplem and then move on to the next or at least note it and come back in a timely manner (next day?) so the customer knows someone is interested in and working to correct the issue?

·
Administrator
1,594 Posts
Jeff,
I appreciate you "getting this looked at" hopefully today, but telling me I do not need to send 3 messages in a weeks time to get attention to this is NOT the response I was expecting from you or your support team. I think sending a message 48 hours after the last interaction is appropriate. So I am to sit here and wait for 5 months like last time this happened? I kept getting the "we're working on it" or "we'll get to it" then too. Understand the history of this issue and my frustration with it.

Cricket dropped the ball, then Garrit did the same. I say dropped the ball because they knew I had a problem and then failed to return to check on it or follow through with any other assistance. At least that is what it looks like to me since nobody returned to add any updates. Sure, your group have many other things you are working, but why not thoroughly correct a proplem and then move on to the next or at least note it and come back in a timely manner (next day?) so the customer knows someone is interested in and working to correct the issue?
@Dragon2U We have a bit of a backlog this week with rolling out a new system so there have been some delays in responses.

Nobody "dropped the ball" it takes some time to dig deeper and investigate the root cause of these issues. The is a completely new platform operating behind the scenes so none of the processes or dashboards are the same as we have had in the past. Gerrit was just confirming what action you need to take first before we take our action on end to confirm as not all team members have access to email logs dashboard due to privacy best practices.

We should be able to have this restored shortly.

Jeff M

·
Administrator
1,594 Posts
Hey @Dragon2U - I understand the frustration - Unfortunately, it does take a bit of back and forth sometimes to confirm that the proper steps have taken place in the mail account, which must be done before we make any changes on our side. We cannot risk our mail domain being blacklisted by sending messages to someone who reported them as spam.

In order to prevent this issue from happening again, I'd encourage you to ensure that those messages are not reported as spam and that the whitelist or address book entry is not removed. Typically those entries will be removed if you click to report a message as spam. As long as that doesn't happen again this problem should not recur.

I've removed the spam report from our side. You should start to see email notifications coming in.

Tess

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@Administrator
I appreciate the replies and efforts, things are working once again.

When the problem was verified mid day Wednesday with a quick reply by me that I did the requested actions and Friday rolls around with no response or visit from any admin representative, I just wanted to make sure someone was aware that I was still waiting. I understand you do not have a ticket system so not sure how else to notify anyone that it needs attention since it skips from person to person.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.