Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched the threads about the windshield replacement due to radio reception. I could not find the answer to my ? so I had to start this thread. They have agreed to replace the windshield. We told them we wanted a GM windshield. We were gone today and they left a message saying they had to order the WS through a local glass Co. It was to late to call them back. Did anybody else get this response? The SSR is at the dealer now and I have to call them from the surgical center tomorrow morning while Danny is having the closure procedure done on his foot at 8:30 AM. So I dont have a lot of time to research this and I cant physically be at the dealer in the morning so I am in a jam. Any advice welcome.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Who printed the antenna here???????

Gina said:
I have searched the threads about the windshield replacement due to radio reception. I could not find the answer to my ? so I had to start this thread. They have agreed to replace the windshield. We told them we wanted a GM windshield. We were gone today and they left a message saying they had to order the WS through a local glass Co. It was to late to call them back. Did anybody else get this response? The SSR is at the dealer now and I have to call them from the surgical center tomorrow morning while Danny is having the closure procedure done on his foot at 8:30 AM. So I dont have a lot of time to research this and I cant physically be at the dealer in the morning so I am in a jam. Any advice welcome.

Yep, I've had this done to Mo-Dean. The radio antenna is printed on the inside on the pasenger side. All that I can add is to tell your servicer to use a genuine GM Chevy SSR windshield or to "Stuff It" and go find a good dealer. My dealer got the windshield from GM and had a local windshield specalist install it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
My third windshield that I have now is not a GM but an aftermarket and I believe the reception is better than I had with the GM one.:cool :cool

·
Registered
416 Posts
subman576 said:
My third windshield that I have now is not a GM but an aftermarket and I believe the reception is better than I had with the GM one.:cool :cool
Any difference in the appearance of the antenna on/in the glass? Is it applied to the inside of the glass or embedded?

·
Registered
288 Posts
The only differance I can see is the logo doesn't say GM.:cool :cool

·
Registered
2005 SSR
436 Posts
If my antenna goes out I would like to have an antenna frenched into the side of the right front fender. I had one of those done in the 60's. I still like that look. Wonder what that would take for the wire connection?

Driving a Hot Rod
Skip

1 - 9 of 9 Posts