Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First of all, Im in disbelief on how strangely luxurious this truck feels from behind the wheel. Its the most "Cadillac" feeling vehicle I have owned sice my Allante'. It even is Cadillac-like on the road execpt for the wonderful exaust note. My biggest disappointment with the truck so far is the look of the engine compartment when the hood is open, its just not as "pretty" as I would like it. I will have to work on this short coming in the future. I found an odd very slight crease in the driver door that looks like a stamping defect from the key lock running down on an angle to the lower door edge it appears to follow the linage of the inner door structure. The dealer is going to have a "dent Dr." inspect it to see if they can make it look better. Other than that the body and paint to seem to be of very nice quality. The LS2 is an AWSOME motor much quieter/smoother than my LS1 in my Corvette. So far so good Im happy. :) :ssr

B

·
0 Posts
Nothing better than a "Happy Camper" or in our case a "Happy Cruiser". :lol :seeya

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,205 Posts
Dress It Up

Just Do A Few Mods In The Engine Bay To Make It To Your Liking And All Will Be Well.

Attachments

·
Banned
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
FUZZY said:
Just Do A Few Mods In The Engine Bay To Make It To Your Liking And All Will Be Well.
AAah Yes, Thats more like it. :) That will be a good winter project for me, I can stink the basement up with paint all winter... :lol

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
After looking at all that green, I think I am changing your name to "Kermit"

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,127 Posts
Glad you made it

IllinoisSSR,

You have now crossed over into the Twilight Zone..... Welcome......

I think now, you can understand the passion and addiction we all share. It's a great ride and I hope you enjoy every minute of the trip.

Attached is a photo that I snagged from the Lingenfelter site. With your Silver, this might be a good option, otherwise you will probably have to be creative in the engine compartment for "dress-up".

Congratulations,

Mike

Attachments

·
Banned
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes that is Attractive.. Is that beauty cover just a snap on or is it screwed on somewhere? I should say the shroud I know the little painted top cover just pops off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts