Chevy SSR Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,449 Posts
I think I do good then hindsight yes I miss things. I’m hopefully getting better and next time following instructions. Yes celebrate

I think I missed something somewhere, so what was the actual issue after the initial box replacement? You mentioned no power in some areas on the box but never disclosed the problem found, or did I miss it?

Glad you are back on the road!

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
3,295 Posts
I think I missed something somewhere, so what was the actual issue after the initial box replacement? You mentioned no power in some areas on the box but never disclosed the problem found, or did I miss it?

Glad you are back on the road!
Good point, he didn't say what he did after i suspected fuse #41. The picture he provided showed it was in proper place. When i enlarged the picture it didn't appear to be obviously blown. I assumed it must have had a slight break because it was not long after that he replied it was running.
Hopefully he will respond to your post and confim this.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,896 Posts
YA HOOO !!! great job -----if at first you don't succeed; try-------

Nick

·
Premium Member
2006 aqua blur
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
So as I was starting to redo from start here were the changes- Used a small screw driver to make sure wire was in tight, made sure relays were facing right direction. 41 fuse is what really got the car running again. And 29 fuse got it running smooth. Thanks to the great help letting me know where to look

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,896 Posts
I'm not trying to prolong this so no replys are needed. I just don't understand, that it ran fine, then all of this could happen by only replacing the wire?! I do understand coincidences but don't like them !!! Repeat---GREAT JOB.

Nick

·
SSR Pit Crew
13,177 Posts
So as I was starting to redo from start here were the changes- Used a small screw driver to make sure wire was in tight, made sure relays were facing right direction. 41 fuse is what really got the car running again. And 29 fuse got it running smooth. Thanks to the great help letting me know where to look
You probably didn't tighten the Jack Screws enough when you put box together.

Jack Screws "pull" fuse box connectors "up" onto the pins.

Common mistake.

Dicktator

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Since you took the fuse box out and put a new one in did you take out the airbag fuse. Check to see if that feels is in place. If the airbag fuses are not in the Truck will not crank. When I was working on my truck I took the airbag fuse out. Forgot to put it in and went to start it. It seem to crank a couple of times and then would not crank at all. Just an idea I have one possible cause simple but sometimes hard to find. Hope it’s helpful.
You said "The first time or two there was a sound that seemed like it was trying to start to crank now no sounds like that". Although the lights come on, etc. is it possible that there's just not enough juice to get it to crank over? Dying battery? @Dicktator always says that it needs a minimum of 9 volts at the ignition switch or no-go.

You're in good hands here, but thought I'd throw that out there JIC.

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
3,295 Posts
Since you took the fuse box out and put a new one in did you take out the airbag fuse. Check to see if that feels is in place. If the airbag fuses are not in the Truck will not crank. When I was working on my truck I took the airbag fuse out. Forgot to put it in and went to start it. It seem to crank a couple of times and then would not crank at all. Just an idea I have one possible cause simple but sometimes hard to find. Hope it’s helpful.
We were able to trace to problem to a blown fuse #41, which feeds the run and start (crank) circuit in the inition switch.

I question the possibility of a missing air bag fuse causing a no crank.
What year is your SSR?
How did you determine it was air bag fuse?
What fuse # was it?
Which fuse box?

According to diagrams it shouldn't happen, but anything possible in electronic world. Just making sure we are on same page/circuit.

·
Registered
2004 Lil Blackie
3 Posts
Did the wire fix in the fuse box and thought all went well. Now it won’t crank and engine light on. I’m not stuck somewhere so it’s not an emergency.
I had this problem and thought it was the pass lock. Changed the pass lock. Turned out it was the key. I had to go to the dealer with a photo ID and the registration and they gave me the number code to get a new key made I made a couple of extras and put one in a safe place.
Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
2006 aqua blur
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Hello friends. The ssr will not crank. After the fix a few days ago the only thing I did was buy a charger and had it charging. I looked on the site and did the headlight test. When I try to start the headlights go out meaning bad battery connection. I’ve checked and all seem good and retightened. The floor battery gauge shows 12 volts. When the key is on on position most fuses are on but I noticed the crank fuse is not on I think that’s 20. The fuse looks good neither side shows power it probably is not connected till the key is turned to start Anyway any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2006 aqua blur
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Hello friends. The ssr will not crank. After the fix a few days ago the only thing I did was buy a charger and had it charging. I looked on the site and did the headlight test. When I try to start the headlights go out meaning bad battery connection. I’ve checked and all seem good and retightened. The floor battery gauge shows 12 volts. When the key is on on position most fuses are on but I noticed the crank fuse is not on I think that’s 20. The fuse looks good neither side shows power it probably is not connected till the key is turned to start Anyway any thoughts?
engine code is 0 DIC

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
3,295 Posts
That fuse will only show power in start or crank position.
Retest voltage at that fuse with key in crank position

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
3,295 Posts
@NMSSR

I replied to your conversation
This is the thread I mentioned in my suggestions

41 - 55 of 55 Posts