Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Tu-Tone club member
Joined
·
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I learned two things today I did not know.

1. You cannot open the tonneau cover in any gear but PARK.
2. A cruise control indicator exists in the extreem upper left portion of the dash. You have to look outside the steering wheel to see it. (When its on, of course)

Love these surprises.

P/P

Peace :flag
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
740 Posts
After about 3 weeks ownership I learned that if you swing out into the street, then for some reason floor it and keep if floored, the damn thing starts bucking like a bronco. Yee ha!

Fortunately it calmed down once I got her into third. :lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
590 Posts
It took you that long !

Hey P/p
Can't believe it took you that long to notice your cruise control indicator !!!!!!!

Now where do I find it exactly? :D
 

·
Tu-Tone club member
Joined
·
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey doug....

Did you try to open the tonneau when it was bucking??? See how useful my find was.

Ahh '41, "Its in the extreem"....ah never mind.

P/P

Peace :flag
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
590 Posts
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh........... I'll find it. Looked for it yesterday in the bright sunshine, top down, doing 160(kph) and didn't notice it.
 

·
TROUBLE MAKER
Joined
·
568 Posts
Doug

dougnc said:
After about 3 weeks ownership I learned that if you swing out into the street, then for some reason floor it and keep if floored, the damn thing starts bucking like a bronco. Yee ha!

Fortunately it calmed down once I got her into third. :lol
You would'nt be refering to a FORD bronco, would ya? :rolleyes:
 

·
Retired GM Program Manager/ Chief SSR Engineer
Joined
·
549 Posts
The roof and tonneau both work in any gear as long as you are not moving and your foot is pressing on the brake pedal. The cruise control indicator has always been there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
590 Posts
Oh Good !

freezer said:
The cruise control indicator has always been there.
I was wondering if the aliens broke into my garage and put it there ! :lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
740 Posts
An SSR's Wife said:
You would'nt be refering to a FORD bronco, would ya? :rolleyes:
Ford? Ford? I'm not familiar with that brand.

Isn't that a Korean automobile manufacturer? Driven mostly in California and popular with wine drinkers?

:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
740 Posts
Purple Penelope said:
Did you try to open the tonneau when it was bucking??? See how useful my find was.

Ahh '41, "Its in the extreem"....ah never mind.

P/P

Peace :flag
Ah!. I couldn't find "PARK" in my SSR. So "PARK" is when you have the gas pedel to the floor, heh?

:)
 

·
West Coast Pit Crew
Joined
·
10,185 Posts
Here we go again!

dougnc said:
Ford? Ford? I'm not familiar with that brand.

Isn't that a Korean automobile manufacturer? Driven mostly in California and popular with wine drinkers?

:)
Dougnc just pushed the Chevy Hot Button :glol :glol :glol
 

·
TROUBLE MAKER
Joined
·
568 Posts
Not From Cali.....

dougnc said:
Ford? Ford? I'm not familiar with that brand.

Isn't that a Korean automobile manufacturer? Driven mostly in California and popular with wine drinkers?

:)
But I guess alot of us Marylanders drive em too!!!!
Hey, Doug, this weekend I saw an awful lot of New Jersey tags here.. tell me are all the New Jersey people trying to get away from you ??????
:lol
I would sure understand why!
Does anyone know if my Chevy Hot Button can be replaced after Doug wears it out? :glol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,502 Posts
freezer said:
The roof and tonneau both work in any gear as long as you are not moving and your foot is pressing on the brake pedal. The cruise control indicator has always been there.
Tonneau=Cargo Cover?

I'm pretty sure park is required to open the Cargo Cover. When entering my worksite, I am frequently asked by security, to pop the cover for a look see. The keyfob just won't do it, unless the SSR is in park.
 

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
Joined
·
8,652 Posts
Foot on the brake and not moving!

freezer said:
The roof and tonneau both work in any gear as long as you are not moving and your foot is pressing on the brake pedal.
I do believe that Freezer is correct on that and also the Top will go up or down no matter what gear you are in as long as you aren't moving and your foot is on the brake pedal.
 

·
SSR Pit Crew
Joined
·
1,742 Posts
Marc NY said:
The top will go up or down no matter what gear you are in as long as you aren't moving and your foot is on the brake pedal.

That IS correct. I've done it many times while the car was in Drive at a stop light. (25 seconds of pure entertainment for the cars around us!)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,502 Posts
dougnc said:
After about 3 weeks ownership I learned that if you swing out into the street, then for some reason floor it and keep if floored, the damn thing starts bucking like a bronco. Yee ha!

Fortunately it calmed down once I got her into third. :lol
I've been reading, unless I misread, one aspect of the Torsen differential is that it will somewhat lockup under heavy torque. If that is in the middle of a turn...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
41chevcoe said:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh........... I'll find it. Looked for it yesterday in the bright sunshine, top down, doing 160(kph) and didn't notice it.
The cruise control indicator is in the extreme upper left corner. You have to lean to the left and lean forward to see it. As for the tonneau cover release only working with the truck in park sounds like a good safety feature. Everyone does know that if the tonneau cover isn't closed the top will not operate. I recently noticed a quirk with my driver window. For the second time in a row after washing my SSR and leaving the driver door open while drying it the window is all the way up when I close the door. Both times I have had to get in the truck and run the window up and down to correct the problem.
 

·
West Coast Pit Crew
Joined
·
10,185 Posts
Me Me Me!

An SSR's Wife said:
But I guess alot of us Marylanders drive em too!!!!
Hey, Doug, this weekend I saw an awful lot of New Jersey tags here.. tell me are all the New Jersey people trying to get away from you ??????
:lol
I would sure understand why!
Does anyone know if my Chevy Hot Button can be replaced after Doug wears it out? :glol
Let me be the first to try :lol :lol :lol
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,382 Posts
Freezer - Help needed

You indicated the cruise control light has always been on the SSR. I have never seen mine, and the dealer insisted there isn't one. I showed him the info on page 3-35 of the owners manual, but he still says it doesn't exist.:confused

The "check gauges" light does operate, and he says I have confused that for a cruise indicator.

I'm going to show him the printout of your prior post, but additional confirmation that it should be there would be appreciated.

Ray
 
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Top