Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading my new Hot Rod magazine, looking for pictures of my Fanatic friends from the Power Tour.

I saw a feature-type picture of rick418cars and there is one with Fuzzy in the background and another with a yellow SSR from it's front.

The thing that torqued me off is the page where they list stuff about PT05. They say that "every SSR made was on PT05" and there are too many of them on tour.

Did you guys show too much enthusiasm or show up a few Camaros and Mustangs or what?

Diggs

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Welllllll !!!! Next year we SSR owners should just take over!!!!!! Wouldn't that make them cry in their cherrios' :cry:cry

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
JeffDBFl said:
I plan on going the whole way.
I am sure it wouldn't be the first time you went all the way either, but please "NO" pictures. :lol :lol

·
Jeff & Terri
1,120 Posts
You right Mike. :lol But sorry I did not go all the way on the bus in Michigan.

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
We counted 12 SSR's and I think only 3 went all the way. Fuzzy, Don Johnson with the Axiom and me. You missed picture #10 of a red one. That would be 12 SSR's out of 2500 cars.

While on the subject, I never thought I'd see Hot Rod magazine staffers riding in a rented Toyota with 2 staffers from another auto magazine. Shame on them when GM was their main sponser. Shame, shame, shame.

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,208 Posts
total count

was actualy 31 SSR's on the tour. Not all at once, but some here and there.

There were 7 SSR's that made the long haul: Marty, Don Johnson (axiom), Circlek, Mr. Merlin, Bob Neumire, my self (FUZZY), and one yellow one with the silver and maroon stripe.

I guess we did make an impression on them :angel , as we were a group where ever we went. If they didn't like what I was drivin this year...tough. It's what I wanted to drive this year :reddevil . Had my share of driving rat rods when they weren't in style (not by choice, but due to lack of income), and now I drive what ever I feel like driving. Whether it's my 72 Cobrajet on turbo blue racing fuel, one of my 4X4's on steroids or my wonderful SSR.

It doesn't matter if you're driving a new factory hot rod (SSR, PROWLER, ETC), or a budget built rat rod, we're all hot rodders at heart. :thumbs

Maybe the staffer's were just jealous that they rode in a toyota for part of the trip and not in an SSR. :jester

·
Registered
262 Posts
Power Tour

I Laughed About The Line About " All The Ssr's Made Showing Up" , Thought It Was A Cute Line, But I Was Pissed At The Staffers When They Said " Refer To # 7 " In The Next Line. ( # 7 Was A Photo Of A New Stock Mustang With The Line "too Many New Stock Cars On Tour "
I Think They Need To Check What They Are Chewin' .....i , Like Fuzzy Have Toured In Several Other Vintage Modified Vehicles, A 34 Chevy Vicky, A 66 Elcamino And A 71 Vette And Felt Like I Was Just As Welcome In My New Ssr As Anyone.
The Tour Is The Coolest 'run' Going, With An Opportunity To See Everything From A Model A To A New Prowler Or Ssr, And A Few New Mustangs, Heck They Are All Great And Make Up The "mix".
And, 'hot Rod', If Some Of The Stockers Did Not Come And Pay The Entries, Some Of The Staff Might Have To Be Cut !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks To Fuzzy For Sort Of Organizing The Ssr's On The Tour, It Was The Highlight Of My Year To Get To Meet The Other Ssr Owners Who Shared The Same Enthusiam I Have For My Truck. It Is Kinda Difficult To Find Other Ssr Owners Locally, Even In My Town Of Louisville, So The Tour Gathering Was Grrrrrrreat !

Circlek :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
plan on making next years tour and going to englishtown-enjoyed last years tour and wonder
what hot rod's staff meant by that comment about so many ssr's and stockers-will asked them next year about those comments-hope to have a show of force from the great group
of ssr owner's from florida

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
When is this tour? ANd where does it start and stop?

Sorry newbie here.

JIM

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,208 Posts
Next tour....

Will start in Kissimmee, FL and make several stops on it's way to Englishtown, NJ..
It will start off in Kissimmee on June 3, and head for it's the next stop on June 4, and son until we arrive in Englishtown on June 9, where we will also be for the awards ceramony on June 10.

Should be a great tour. The wife and I are planning on running the full tour again in 2006. For more info check out hotrod.com under hrpt schedule. THE LIST OF HOTELS AVAILABLE IS USUALLY LISTED IN JANUARY ON THAT SITE.

Hope to see some of you there. :seeya

·
Registered
615 Posts
Maybe they should ban all the newer stuff, as I drove an 03 Cobra Mustang 10th Anniversary SVT. Springfield and Indy legs of tour. Had to come home after Indy, mother-in-law broke her wrist and hand. Anyway, I thought that comment was a cheap shot, since the entry fee is not cheap. Maybe, it would help to layoff, some of Hot Rod dead weight. Money is money and entries are entries, so Hot Rod, please piss up a rope.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
We read that comment and laughed - there will be more of us there next time! Anyway ALL the SSRs ever built didn't show up...I didn't see ANY of the original 25 on the tour. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts