Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Enjoying life as it comes
Joined
·
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a shot of theSSR after the snow storm came through. :cry Over all, about 14" of snow between Wednesday day and Thursday morningThe kids are happy though, because the shools are closed for the first time that I can ever remember on account of snow.
The kids :grouphug are outside playing in all the white stuff. I think they are waitng for me to get out there and build them a big snow hill out back to sled down. :willy: :willy:
Boy my back is gonna be sore for days :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
322 Posts
:eek :eek

Does look like some fun tho'!!! Snowballs !!! Aren't the kids supposed to shovel?
 

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
Joined
·
8,596 Posts
Storm??

FUZZY said:
Here's a shot of theSSR after the snow storm came through. :cry Over all, about 14" of snow between Wednesday day and Thursday morningThe kids are happy though, because the shools are closed for the first time that I can ever remember on account of snow. :(
Hey Fuzzy,
Thats just a dusting in WNY areas... :lol although you got more snow if a few days than we have all winter so far!
:glol
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,665 Posts
Marc NY said:
Hey Fuzzy,
Thats just a dusting in WNY areas... :lol although you got more snow if a few days than we have all winter so far!
:glol
I'll be showing my age, but I was in college at Syracuse when we had the "Blizzard of '66". 67 inches of snow in three days
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
Marc NY said:
Hey Fuzzy,
Thats just a dusting in WNY areas... :lol although you got more snow if a few days than we have all winter so far!
:glol
Something tells me that WNY is going to get buried in the near future. :eek
 

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
Joined
·
8,596 Posts
Do you remeber snow like this?

houtex said:
I'll be showing my age, but I was in college at Syracuse when we had the "Blizzard of '66". 67 inches of snow in three days
RISSR said:
Something tells me that WNY is going to get buried in the near future. :eek
Hey guys,


Just TRY to picture this... how many of you guys/gals out there ever remember getting over 7 feet of snow all year long? Well it was Christmas eve of 2001... it started to snow and it lasted for 4 days :willy: straight. :willy:

Yes indeed... the Buffalo area was hit with "lake effect" snow-squalls where the depth reached upwards of 7 to 8 feet! :eek

So please... don't wish any bad luck on us ok! :cry

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,454 Posts
Sorry to hear that folks, I will try to push this "Juneuary" weather we are having today up north to ya'll. It is going to be in the upper 70's in Va. Bch. today!!! Unreal....should break a few records. This place can be like N.Y. one day and Florida the next which provides a lot of interesting variety, weatherwise. Wishing you a "Warm welcome", Ed:) :grouphug
 

·
Tu-Tone club member
Joined
·
5,780 Posts
As long as Ed mentioned Florida, I feel obligated

cruzned said:
Sorry to hear that folks, I will try to push this "Juneuary" weather we are having today up north to ya'll. It is going to be in the upper 70's in Va. Bch. today!!! Unreal....should break a few records. This place can be like N.Y. one day and Florida the next which provides a lot of interesting variety, weatherwise. Wishing you a "Warm welcome", Ed:) :grouphug
to comment on the weather here. The Redneck Rivieria is in the throws of an upper 70 heatwave for the past 4 days. Not exactly a heatwave, but, I should have worn shorts to the golf course this a.m. instead of those "stifiling hot" long pants which have a more appropiate place in another part of the country. :yesnod

This however did not deter me from lowering Penelopes' top for the 20 mile ride home, and the gauky looks which I've become accoustomed to. It's a great life...if you don't weaken. :seeya

P/P

Peace :flag
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
I live in Calif now but I lived in a mobile home park in Jamesville near Syracuse when that storm hit. The park owner took 3 days to un bury us. I'll never forget that storm.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,665 Posts
jrevet said:
I live in Calif now but I lived in a mobile home park in Jamesville near Syracuse when that storm hit. The park owner took 3 days to un bury us. I'll never forget that storm.
Well - I really shouldn't complain - it was between semesters and there were only four of us in the fraternity house. We had enough food to feed 40 guys for two weeks, a cord and a half of firewood and all four of us were dating girls who lived across the street. My roomie and I took a toboggan across the park on the 2nd day of the storm and loaded up on beer and whiskey. Food, booze, firewood and women..... the Blizzard of '66 wasn't all that shabby.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
349 Posts
Lovely Weather

This weather in Flagstaff was not part of my new job description! Started snowing in October (9 inches), then several more times until this last week, when we got 28 to 40 inches!

Needless to say, the red '03 stays parked now for a while. . . . .

I'm moving to Florida :) .
 

·
Original SSR Centerfold
Joined
·
3,146 Posts
Peaches said:
This weather in Flagstaff was not part of my new job description! Started snowing in October (9 inches), then several more times until this last week, when we got 28 to 40 inches!

Needless to say, the red '03 stays parked now for a while. . . . .

I'm moving to Florida :) .
Can I remind you we had a few hurricanes hit this past year.......
Weather here has been beautiful for going topless. Sunny, near 80 this past week and looking like that for this week ahead. :cool
 

·
Tu-Tone club member
Joined
·
5,780 Posts
I 2nd that Toybox

Toy Box said:
We all wear our "winter shorts" on your behalf! :lol
Temp is 75 right now. Tops down...crusing shortly this afternoon. Have to joust w/insurance company about a new roof IVAN got the best of in September. That should be fun. :boxing

Toybox where you located in Fl?

P/P

Peace :flag
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
Snow & Ice; Salt & Sand

This week-end the temp was 20F and most of our 41" of snow has melted.

Instead of polishing my garage parked SSR we were able to skate on the lake

in front of our home. Miles of frozen lakes, smooth ice with only 1" of snow.

It may not sound like paradise to you all in the warm climates but for us it

is heaven. Not as good as driving my truck but it keeps the time forging ahead

getting ready for SSR time 2005, now that sounds like heaven.

Scott Doran #201 Redline Red. :jester
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top