Chevy SSR Forum banner

101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Ah come on Mike....How is this "out of their way" :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Well ...... I have to click "notifications" and then "mentions", and then scroll through all the links that mention my handle to see if someone really needs something or just BSing and mentioning my name. I normally just look at a few recent posts and PM's when I visit. I figure if someone needs to contact me me they will send a PM and not make me have to scroll through and read a ton of "mentions".

Yeah, I know, I am not a Social Media kind of person. Do not have a "Twit", FB, "Snapper", Instagram, tumblr, Pinterest, or one of the other "spend time all day looking at my phone" apps. Just too old to waste time with the little things like that, time gets shorter with each passing day, need to spend it on more important things ..... >:)

Sorry

·
Spirited driver!
985 Posts
Yes, I still make the adapter, will send you a PM.

FYI, the @ thing doesn't really work unless people go out of their way to look at a specific link. Better to just use a PM. I saw the PM come in late last night but did not have time to reply, sorry.
Thanks Mike. I'm still figuring out how things work around here but will be following up through PM.

·
Spirited driver!
985 Posts
I managed to get it installed today. I was a little concerned at first because the orange shaft didn't want to come out but a pair of Vise Grips and some brute force fixed that. After that, install was a breeze. Thanks for making this Mike.

Attachments

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Looking for plastic center pin??
Do you still have any
Thanks
IRB Dennie
Yes I can make a new center pin but you might need to make small adjustments on your end if I do nit have shifter in hand because every shifter is slightly different.

Do you still have a photo of the one you made for me? I hope you are doing well. TripleL
hmmmm, I have a few pics but not sure I remember your exact shifter.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Automatic Transmission Shift Knob Conversion

Are you stilling offering the shift knob kits? Based on the options below, would like a 3/8 16 polished. Not knowing what current chrome shift knobs are available currently (can you recommend any), not sure if I would need a flat top or tapered outer tube or the new plastic center pin. Would appreciate your recommendations. Thank you in advance for your help, Tom.

1. What thread size and pitch you want (default is 3/8 16)
2. Satin or Polished
3. With flat top or tapered outer tube
4. If you want new plastic center pin to reduce twist

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Are you stilling offering the shift knob kits? Based on the options below, would like a 3/8 16 polished. Not knowing what current chrome shift knobs are available currently (can you recommend any), not sure if I would need a flat top or tapered outer tube or the new plastic center pin. Would appreciate your recommendations. Thank you in advance for your help, Tom.

1. What thread size and pitch you want (default is 3/8 16)
2. Satin or Polished
3. With flat top or tapered outer tube
4. If you want new plastic center pin to reduce twist

Hi,
I am going to have a new design, all metal, no new plastic pin. Will look slightly different but will function much better. I can supply with 16mm x 1.5 today. This thread size is utilized on the Corvette and Camaro so it should have a wide following. Using the 3/16 I used to use will take a little work but if you want that I will take a look at it.

Send me a PM and I will send you a pic.

Mike

·
BAD BOW TIE
8,903 Posts
I got the Dragon2u conversion and had an old school knob custom made for it. Awesome.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Shifter

Mike, thanks for the response on the shifter. Don't have enough posts to be able to PM you, but the new design looks like the way to go. thanks, Tom.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Mike, thanks for the response on the shifter. Don't have enough posts to be able to PM you, but the new design looks like the way to go. thanks, Tom.
If you would rather click my user name and go to the details page and leave a visitor message with your email address I will forward a picture and contact info.

101 - 116 of 116 Posts