Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, Do any of you know of a aftermarket true dual exhaust system? How about a K&N air filter? My truck accessories store can't find any? Thanks, Fred :confused :seeya :flag

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
K & N does not make the air filter as of the Power tour 6/11/04

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
As for the air filter, there is a replacement element for the stock filter, I have one in mine.

drbob

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
who makes one, I would like to replace the stock filter

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Replacement filter

Looking forward to the KNN info - last time I contacted them they said they didn't have one for the SSR. Also - Flowmaster wasn't able to help me - even from the cat back.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Here's the number

Although K&N doesn't list this on their site I have already put one on mine.

The part number is 332118.

·
Registered
222 Posts
K & N filter 332118

Here is a listing I found 4 the K&N piece. P/N 332118.....

"When you buy the Chevy Corvette (5.7L) 99-02 K&N Replacement Air Filter, we also recommend that you consider the other items listed below........blah...blah....blah."

It appears that this listing and another r 4 the vehicle listed above but K&N does NOT hav a listing when chk'd by P/N. When u chk by vehicle type, it shows a different P/N 33-2111. Interesting....VERY Interesting. :confused :confused

So I guess u either call'm or pick a number n take a chance. :banghead

Good Luck :cool

·
Registered
3 Posts
K&N Filter

undefined

I was at Raceway Park Dragstrip last weekend at the K&N Nationals and spoke with the K&N representatives there. The part number given is correct. Their R & D guys are working on a system for the SSR. It is not available as of yet.

·
Registered
30 Posts
K&N AIR FILTER

When I called the K&N main office, they indicated that no exact K&N air filter replacement for the SSR is yet available and just put me on their "notification list" when and if it does come available.

I believe the part number that keeps coming up is for the Corvette LS1 engine. I hear it fits, but very tightly and could cause some unwanted air turbulance flow?.

If this information is wrong and you have a better source, please correct me. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
As I stated above, I have already put this in my SSR. The airbox is the same as the 33-2118 was built to go into. It is not a tight fit, goes in perfectly along with the gasket. If you don't want to put it in, don't.

drbob

·
Registered
30 Posts
DRBOB - K&N FILTER

Wow....you sure took my post wrong "if you don't want to put it in.......don't". Gosh, I wasn't questioning your integrity or something. I was just passing on what I heard from K&N. I also asked to be corrected if I was wrong. Please chill and I apologize if I offended you in anyway. Regards, CARNUT

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
CARNUT, it wasn't meant that way. It was meant as a to each his own, but if you had read the post completely I already stated that K&N did not have this listed but it does fit in the SSR. Sometimes things don't come across in a forum as it would if you were face to face discussing it. I posted the info in this thread to help others if they want it, it seems thatoccasionally people in this forum take things the wrong way when they are posted.

drbob

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I installed a K&N filter #33-2111 for a 2003 vette. Works and fits fine. I had crossed referenced the factory filter number and found that it's the same as the ones on the 2003 vette.

·
Registered
30 Posts
K&N FILTER FOR SSR

Noticed two K&N part numbers for air filter that fits SSR on recent posts. One was 33-2118 and the other 33-2111. Do either fit the air box? Looks like most went with the 33-2118 part number. Just wanted to be sure before I ordered. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
If you look at the pictures on the K&N site the 33-2111 filter has rounded corners. The 33-2118 has square corners which match the one taken out of the SSR. The 33-2118 I put in mine fits without a problem. Unless the pictures are wrong the 33-2111 does not match the stock, although it may fit. The enclosed install sheet for the 33-2118 has a picture that shows the airfilter box and it looks the same as the SSR box.

drbob

·
Registered
30 Posts
K&N FILTER

Thank you, drbob. Appreciate your help and patience. Based on your feedback looks like the 33-2118 K&N air filter is the best application. Regards, CARNUT

1 - 20 of 46 Posts