Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to install a vintage ahooga horn on my ssr and the Chevy dealer informed me that I could void out the electrical system warranty and they would not cut into the GM electrial harness to install a non-factory item! I thought about it and went to another automotive shop and they said they would not recomend installing a vintage electrical horn without a fuse/breaker because you might screw up your entire electrical system includuding the air bags! They suggested that I find a horn more compatable with the SSR electrical system. Any suggestions???

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
:confused Boy those guys don't have a clue. I have a "Wolf Whistle Horn" hooked up and it fit nicely under the hood. It is in addition to the original horn so I have two horns. There was a small hole drilled into the dash for the button, which is black with a white horn so it matches my black beauty! The button fits into the center "Bow Tie" on the dash by the way. It snaps right out. No problem! Wires are rerouted following some of the wires inside the engine compartment and twist tied together and covered with corrugated wire covers. I guess if you want to replace the original horn with an aftermarket one that could pose big probs, but adding one in addition to the original should not be a real big deal. In my opinion, this vehcile does not fit with the Ahooggaa horn very well. It needs more of a muscle sound like a train whistle, deep base fog horn, or some type of wild loud air horn.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
horns blarrin

I think the dealer don't want to do anything to get themselves in trouble. There is always a way around them. I guess it would be up to you if something does happen to be able to afford to get it fixed without warranty. I think you need a different sound though just my opinion. Happy Cruisin'

·
Registered
413 Posts
no problem adding any electrical accessory just make sure you use heavy enough wire and a good fuseholder

1 - 4 of 4 Posts