Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it seems like even with the a/c - heat off a lot of air still blows in from the vents. When going an a/c actuator calibration help this?

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,908 Posts
All gm cars I have had the blower runs at low speed with everything shut off.

·
Daily Driver
8,937 Posts
All gm cars I have had the blower runs at low speed with everything shut off.
I mentioned in a thread one time I thought in all GMs the fan was always on low ever since they did away with vent windows. Someone corrected me and said in the SSR, off means off, so I'd check that?

·
Premium Member
2,807 Posts
GM vehicles have a way to shut off fan. Some from fan speed switch (SSR) others you have to move the selector lever (switch) to a position marked off. Both of these will shut off the fan however the outside air vent is still open and air will flow into cabin to keep the cabin full of outside (fresh?) air. The heater core always has hot coolant flowing through it (no heater control valve). That being said some amount of heat is normal. I would suggest a ride in another SSR to compare. You may be trying to fix something that's not broken, only a design issue.

One more reason to attend a rally or meet and greet.
Maggie Valley in the early spring shouldn't be a long drive.
Hope to see you there. I would be glad to take you for a ride to compare with my 04.

Edit for additional information.
Cars/engines that do not have a heater control valve route coolant through heater core as a thermostat bypass. This keeps coolant flowing in engine to promote even coolant temps. Don't block heater core hoses. If necessary due to heater core leak, bypass heater core but allow the loop of coolant.

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,908 Posts
I mentioned in a thread one time I thought in all GMs the fan was always on low ever since they did away with vent windows. Someone corrected me and said in the SSR, off means off, so I'd check that?
Nope, I went out in the Garage and checked. No Vent Windows on my SSR Bruce.
:wink2:

·
Daily Driver
8,937 Posts
Yeah you checked, but have you been drinking? That would void your testimony. :lol
There are times I wish the SSR had vent windows, or wind wings like my Uncles model-T. Especially when the wipers dump a load at the drivers windshield post and I have the drivers window down a couple inches.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts