Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Am I missing something or just having a senior moment!:banghead
I want to replace my air filter, and seem to have doubts about exactly how the filter is accessable. The manual says "remove the four bolts holding the housing, and slid the filter out" Well there are TWO phillips / slotted screws at the upper portion of the housing, but where are the other 2 ? Removing the two doesnt gain access to te filter. There are 4 bolts holding the entire plastic "shroud" but surely GM wouldnt have us pull this whole thing of to change our filters, WOULD THEY ?:banghead . I hope Im just missing something. Mine is a 2003.
HELP, anyone------------
Thanks, Howard:seeya

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,825 Posts

You where 1/2 way there... after the two screws you pull the back side out the front stays in place. I had to take the rubber hose off also to get enough room to pull the back off.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
REBEL said:
You where 1/2 way there... after the two screws you pull the back side out the front stays in place. I had to take the rubber hose off also to get enough room to pull the back off.

This is what I did, but I'm pretty sure there has to be an easier way.....it was a slight pain.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Pulling shroud off.

You don't have to take your hose off, but yes, you do have to take off the 2 piece front shrouds to access the filter, the two screws on the top of the filter shroud come out, then the 2 bolts at the base of the shroud, then the two front plastic screw type "clips" twist and then pull out, that will loosen everything you need to pull off the entire system to get to the filter, be sure you use a cotton filter for longer lasting and better performance and matience. See string posted here this week on air filters!

GR

1 - 4 of 4 Posts