Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I do the air baffel, I'm going to try rigging an air induction velocity stack with a K&N air filter and dump the factory air cleaner. After all, an engine is really an air machine... more air in and more air out means more horsepower... I'll be working on the exhaust system next...

Short article...
VaraRam, makers of high-performance air induction systems for Corvettes, Camaros and other GM products is developing an induction system for the SSR along the lines of their highly regarded VR-1B ram air induction system for the Corvette. In some applications the VR-1B can add up to 40 horsepower and 33 ft.lbs. of torque. VaraRam already makes their VR fuel injection throttle body velocity stacks for all GM GenIII V8 equipped cars from 1998-2004 so they have a model suitable for the SSR. VaraRam claims as much as a 23 ft.lb. increase in torque for the 2004 5.3 L GM V-8.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According to the 1/4 mile times listed by VeraRam, with and without, it won't make a big difference. But, I am hoping the combination of the velocity stack and a K&N filter will give me a better throttle response, a little more power at high end and a bit better gas milage. The K&N filter I put in was for a vette, Part number 33-2111. Its a bit of a squeeze but I got it in there. I also threw in some Redline Water Wetter to help with the high heat.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,814 Posts

Thanks OP it's in honour of the good sportsmanship, at the last few NHL opening Anthems.

And I see I have been replying to a two year old post …. Silly me. :willy:

·
Premium Member
9,217 Posts
I have a Rush - like bananas better than peas or carrots.

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
BernieD said:
Has anyone tried the new "Green Air Filters" ?
I have. Nice filter. I decided on the green because of the GM attitude towards the K&N. The K&N I put on my 94 Camaro took out the MAF Sensor just like GM says it will. So far no problems with the Green on the SSR.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts