Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else experiencing air, or wind noise coming from the roof when they drive? I hear air coming through the roof when I drive at a good speed on the freeway. Sounds like a window is slightly cracked....but they are all the way up. Sounds to be coming from the roof seal. Anyone else have this problem?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I always hold the button down long enough to hear the two chimes.

·
Registered
407 Posts
you're gonna get some noise simply because it is a convertible (hard top or not).

hey Machell......that was pretty funny.

Rick:cheers

·
Registered
168 Posts
Noise?

ricardo,

I expected wind noise with a convertible, but I was impressed with how little my SSR has.

mnky,

Even though I have not had wind noise, I have had water leaks. I think we are going to have to pay extra attention to conditioning all that rubber. There are a lot of sealing surfaces where a little dirt or a small crack could cause wind noise or water leaks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
wind noise

wind noise has been a constant criticism of the SSR in most write-ups by major magazines. noise is consistent with a ragtop, rather than a folding hardtop. they(chevy) arent sure if it's the seals between segments, but I know the wind noise you're referring to. consider it normal (ie don't let them try to "fix" it) and consider it the price to pay for looking cool.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I spent a good part of my day today at the plant with engineers working on my SSR to correct windnoise. I was fortunate to have met a plant employee who pulled some strings and before I knew it, I had an appointment as the first consumer back to the plant with my SSR for minor "tweaking". The JD Powers reports claims the power seat control access and wind noise as the two biggest concerns. I believe there are future fixes that we will be notified of to help correct wind noise. A test done on my car to see if windows were compressing enough against the window surround weatherstrip was with the help of a simple use of a dollar bill. Open your door with windows up and then close the door with a bill in hand pinching the bill between the window and weather strip. The bill should pull out with some resistance and if not, adjustment is needed. See your local Chevy dealer!

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Hey, Prowler!

You can tell them that those may be the biggest trouble spots at the moment, but when they have to start replacing all those windows that will be showing scratches soon that will be the costliest fix of all. Could have all been avoided by adding the felt that "some bigwig" decided was not needed. Reminds me of Ford's long ago add of "a better idea!" What a mistake on GM's part!:banghead :cuss

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just took delivery of a 2005 SSR . From zero to 50 MPH it seems ok . Once it gets over 50 MPH the noise in the cab gets real loud real fast . Any advise out there . Phil7852

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Noise

phil7852 said:
I just took delivery of a 2005 SSR . From zero to 50 MPH it seems ok . Once it gets over 50 MPH the noise in the cab gets real loud real fast . Any advise out there . Phil7852
Turn up the radio. Or just get a Windsuppressr and put the top down.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Window Seal Water Leak

No wind noise here, however both my windows leak right where the seal breaks to fold the top. Leaks pretty good too both seats and myself get wet in a rain.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Air noise

My passenger window does have a small gap at the top of the window that does allow some air in at higher speeds, as well as a little water when washing it. Looks like its an easy fix. Overall I'm surprised at how solid the top and seals are so far.
Hope I'm not jinxing myself!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts