Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that the vent to the left of the radio is missing the vertical directional piece. All the fins are there but you can only aim it up or down by moving each fin separately. Chevy said the vent is no longer made. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Mike in AZ (simple engineering)can rebuild them for you. I had the far right one break. I plan to get it restored at some point but for now, I just took the vent out and took out the up/down directional vents. Then put the vent back in. Works fine, looks fine, but just blows straight out.

BTW, ya might wanna go to the user cp and fill in some info about yourself. It helps us help you

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
You might try your local PickAPart salvage yards. The 1999 Oldsmobile Aurora and the 98 & 99 Pontiac Venturas utilized the same AC Air Outlet Vents. If You are lucky, You could find one of them in the yards. Might have too paint some of them as they came in colors and they are easily removed. No luck there, Simple-Engineering, like the others have said, will rebuild them for You. Good Luck with the search.

·
Premium Member
854 Posts
The vertical piece may be lying in the duct which fits into the back of the vent. Look at the library there are instructions there for removing the vent.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The vertical piece may be lying in the duct which fits into the back of the vent. Look at the library there are instructions there for removing the vent.
I got it out and their was a vent piece laying in there. The tiny side nubs that you put in the tiny holes were broken. Going to try the bone yards. Thanks everyone and TheXCepsion

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

It was. Still missing one slat. Plus the tiny little nubs that fit in the tiny little holes are broken off. Thanks everyone! Thanks TheXCepsion, will hit the bone yard.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You might try your local PickAPart salvage yards. The 1999 Oldsmobile Aurora and the 98 & 99 Pontiac Venturas utilized the same AC Air Outlet Vents. If You are lucky, You could find one of them in the yards. Might have too paint some of them as they came in colors and they are easily removed. No luck there, Simple-Engineering, like the others have said, will rebuild them for You. Good Luck with the search.
Thanks everybody. I will check the salvage yards first.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts