Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While trying to figure out my battery drain issue, I discovered my alarm isn't working. I had the windows down, armed the alarm while inside, manually pulled the lock up, and opened the door. The indicator on the dash flashes, but the horn doesn't pulse and the lights don't flash. The panic button works fine. Any advice?

·
SSR Pit Crew
11,705 Posts
If you changed your OEM Radio which is SSR Security System.

Doors still lock but alarm (horn) won't work and "unknown driver" will not stop R from starting.

Dicktator

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you changed your OEM Radio which is SSR Security System.

Doors still lock but alarm (horn) won't work and "unknown driver" will not stop R from starting.

Dicktator
Thank you Dictator. Yes, I did change the OEM radio.

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
While trying to figure out my battery drain issue, I discovered my alarm isn't working. I had the windows down, armed the alarm while inside, manually pulled the lock up, and opened the door. The indicator on the dash flashes, but the horn doesn't pulse and the lights don't flash. The panic button works fine. Any advice?
There are actually 3 different anti theft system designed into the SSR and they are independent of each other.
Content theft deterrent, this is the only one you must "arm" the remaining systems are always active.
Vehicle theft deterrent
And Radio theft deterrent

There have been numerous posts that seem slightly misleading. So here are some pictures from an 04 owners manual to help explain.

You will not arm the content theft deterrent alarm if you use the console door lock switch with the doors closed.
To arm alarm with console switch the door must be open. However it has also been said that it wont' arm with key fob unless the door is open. This is not correct, I've tried it. If doors are closed and I hit the lock button on key fob twice my personal settings allow the horn to sound . I then wait for warning light on dash to quit flashing and the content alarm is armed. I then unlock the door thru open window with manual knob and alarm WILL sound when door is opened. I use this when I park it with top down.
Try testing as shown in owners manual in one of the attached pictures.

And I am sorry to disagree, but the radio should have no effect on either the content theft alarm or vehicle theft system. These are two separate anti theft system that are not part of radio anti theft AS designed. It may not function AS designed but this is what I have learned in research from the owners manuals and service manuals. If the radio does in fact effect the other two systems, which it might, this is not by design.
The flashing light on radio is separate from other theft deterrent
@BigJank because you have an aftermarket radio, please test the content theft deterrent alarm as shown in owers manual so that we will all know if systems operates AS designed or otherwise.
20191020_210705.jpg
20191020_210633.jpg
20191020_210734.jpg
20191020_210601.jpg
systems.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are actually 3 different anti theft system designed into the SSR and they are independent of each other.
Content theft deterrent, this is the only one you must "arm" the remaining systems are always active.
Vehicle theft deterrent
And Radio theft deterrent

There have been numerous posts that seem slightly misleading. So here are some pictures from an 04 owners manual to help explain.

You will not arm the content theft deterrent alarm if you use the console door lock switch with the doors closed.
To arm alarm with console switch the door must be open. However it has also been said that it wont' arm with key fob unless the door is open. This is not correct, I've tried it. If doors are closed and I hit the lock button on key fob twice my personal settings allow the horn to sound . I then wait for warning light on dash to quit flashing and the content alarm is armed. I then unlock the door thru open window with manual knob and alarm WILL sound when door is opened. I use this when I park it with top down.
Try testing as shown in owners manual in one of the attached pictures.

And I am sorry to disagree, but the radio should have no effect on either the content theft alarm or vehicle theft system. These are two separate anti theft system that are not part of radio anti theft AS designed. It may not function AS designed but this is what I have learned in research from the owners manuals and service manuals. If the radio does in fact effect the other two systems, which it might, this is not by design.
The flashing light on radio is separate from other theft deterrent
@BigJank because you have an aftermarket radio, please test the content theft deterrent alarm as shown in owers manual so that we will all know if systems operates AS designed or otherwise.
View attachment 569271 View attachment 569272 View attachment 569273 View attachment 569274 systems.
Thank you for the info!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts