Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday afternoon when I returned home, I locked the doors and set the alarm as I usually do. The doors locked fine, but when trying to set alarm, no lights flashed, and no horn honk, but the doors did lock again. So, I repeated the process, no luck. I thought, ok, first item on list for dealer.

Well, I decided to try again, still no luck. As I started to walk around and check out truck, I noticed the driver window was about 1/2" from being completely closed, I rolled it up all the way, tried to set the alarm then, and, :thumbs , all worked just fine. I guess GM figured this was a way to make sure the truck was completly secure, leaving no open window as a temptation to a thief.

I'm not sure if this has happened to anyone else, but if it does, check the windows, could be the answer as it was for me.
:ssr drtrcer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
601 Posts
I don't know if that is something new. I have set my factory alarm with the windows all the way down. I have even done it with the top down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brownhornet said:
I don't know if that is something new. I have set my factory alarm with the windows all the way down. I have even done it with the top down.
To be honest, I haven't tried to set with top or windows down, I'll try it and see what happens.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Window down

Brownhornet said:
I don't know if that is something new. I have set my factory alarm with the windows all the way down. I have even done it with the top down.
Well, I'm not sure what happened yesterday, but you guys are right. I tried with window down all the way, and just a little like it was yesterday, alarm set work just fine. :confused
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
152 Posts
Just a thought

Don't know if this is the case but was the window down because the door didn't close all the way thereby not allowing you to set the alarm. I know a couple times in the past I thought the door was closed but I couldn't arm the alarm but I don't remember if the doors locked

drbob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
drbob said:
Don't know if this is the case but was the window down because the door didn't close all the way thereby not allowing you to set the alarm. I know a couple times in the past I thought the door was closed but I couldn't arm the alarm but I don't remember if the doors locked

drbob
Very well could have been now that you mention it, can't say for certain though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
407 Posts
sounds like you did not have the door closed securely which is why the window did not fully engage (remember the window on the door being opened goes down a bit prior to opening the door and up after closing [automatically]).

the other thing you can check is the options you have set by using the button on your steering wheel. there are various sets you can choose from such as lights, horn, etc. and possibly it is set for no noise or lights (really don't remember if that is an option but there are choices).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ricardo said:
sounds like you did not have the door closed securely which is why the window did not fully engage (remember the window on the door being opened goes down a bit prior to opening the door and up after closing [automatically]).

the other thing you can check is the options you have set by using the button on your steering wheel. there are various sets you can choose from such as lights, horn, etc. and possibly it is set for no noise or lights (really don't remember if that is an option but there are choices).
I haven't reprogrammed anything yet, and the more I think about it, I must have left the door open a little, the alarm has worked just fine since then. thanks for the advice and info.

duke
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top