Chevy SSR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Jim-n-Tanya
Joined
·
1,354 Posts
Door Sills

Hey I finally got around to installing my door sills and WTH. One was missing so I e-mailed GMPARTDIRECT.com and they said for me to send a pic of the part and the box. I asked them if they were in seperate boxes and they said I should have received two door sills and one tail gate sill.
I immediatly said WOH a truck sill. I didn't know they had a tail gate sill.
They told me they were going to try and help me out as soon as possible!


I hope eveyone else knows what you should get for $143.00! :seeya
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
500 Posts
Door sills

Hey SSR03,


Are the sills in yourr pics the satin chrome or the bright chrome and do you get left and right side for the $112.00 price.
Under the quantity collumn it says 1. Is that 1 kit = 2 sills?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
670 Posts
SSR03 said:
Hey I finally got around to installing my door sills and WTH. One was missing so I e-mailed GMPARTDIRECT.com and they said for me to send a pic of the part and the box. I asked them if they were in seperate boxes and they said I should have received two door sills and one tail gate sill.
I immediatly said WOH a truck sill. I didn't know they had a tail gate sill.
They told me they were going to try and help me out as soon as possible!


I hope eveyone else knows what you should get for $143.00! :seeya

Did you ever receive a sill for the tailgate? When I ordered mine thru my dealer I only received one for eash door. Just wondering if there was a mistake or did I order the wrong part #. They really do look great. Glad to have then.

bcbear
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Hey, I just wanted to tell everyone if you're looking for OEM accessories, I got a great deal over at www.AllDisountParts.com. I ordered some parts for my SSR and they were so fast. The prices were cheap and the service was exellent. My accessories were sent out the same day and I got my parts in just a few days. I would recommend them to everyone. I spoke with Chris and he hooked me up with everything. I will use these guys again. :)
 

·
Jim-n-Tanya
Joined
·
1,354 Posts
Nope

bcbear10 said:
Did you ever receive a sill for the tailgate? When I ordered mine thru my dealer I only received one for eash door. Just wondering if there was a mistake or did I order the wrong part #. They really do look great. Glad to have then.

bcbear
I never did get the tailgate one. Really SUX because I'm sure it would be really nice!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
364 Posts
Chevy SSRB Were you able to order the door sills and tailgate sills from your recommended supplier? How much? Scheide.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Scheide said:
Chevy SSRB Were you able to order the door sills and tailgate sills from your recommended supplier? How much? Scheide.
I didn't order the tailgate sills, but the Door Sills were $134.00. A lot cheaper than my local Dealer. here is a link to the SSR Accessory site. Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
:cry yes we had that problem with our red 05 blew a fuse the day we picked it up and the temp went to 260 and the motor blew up GM said not to worry and we got a new silver the next day for the same price and we like it better:cool
 

·
TuTone Club Member
Joined
·
347 Posts
Thanks for the part numbers.

It has been so helpful as a new owner to place orders for accessories!

This is a great group!
 

·
TuTone Club Member
Joined
·
347 Posts
ChevySSRB said:
Hey, I just wanted to tell everyone if you're looking for OEM accessories, I got a great deal over at www.AllDisountParts.com. I ordered some parts for my SSR and they were so fast. The prices were cheap and the service was exellent. My accessories were sent out the same day and I got my parts in just a few days. I would recommend them to everyone. I spoke with Chris and he hooked me up with everything. I will use these guys again. :)
Thanks for the recommendation!

I found a few items there that other sites did not have.

GMPartsDirect is having a tremendous sale on remaining parts in stock!

Cockpit Windbreaks and Color Keyed and Satin running boards are about 50% off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
I just got my silver '06 last week and have an accessory question that the dealer hasn't been able to answer. On the transmission hump there is a square slide-mount to hold the detachable cup holder. The slide mount works great for the passenger side, where the tracks are horizontal. But on the driver side of the hump, the slide mount is attached so the tracks are vertical. It won't hold a cup that way.

Is that the way it is on your vehicles?

Is there some tricky little thing I need to do to make this work?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,950 Posts
Chrissy said:
I just got my silver '06 last week and have an accessory question that the dealer hasn't been able to answer. On the transmission hump there is a square slide-mount to hold the detachable cup holder. The slide mount works great for the passenger side, where the tracks are horizontal. But on the driver side of the hump, the slide mount is attached so the tracks are vertical. It won't hold a cup that way.

Is that the way it is on your vehicles?

Is there some tricky little thing I need to do to make this work?

On the earlier models, they were both the same way and many people broke the cup holders when they moved the passenger seat forward. Hardly anyone...if anyone...uses the driver side mount to hold a cup holder. It would interfere with your right leg pressing the gas :eek
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
513 Posts
Rear Sill

I would not hold your breath for the rear sill plates, I think you will find that it is not available. Make your on. Do the search thing on sill plates. I've got pics out there some where of the one on mine. That's a sill plate on the air dam I bought from MIKE in the desert.
 
41 - 60 of 93 Posts
Top