Chevy SSR Forum banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
Hard bags

I may sell both of my hard bags as I am trying to get soft bags instead. I am open to reasonable offers.

BEWARE of Quirkparts on EBAY.!!!!

They sold me soft bags and NEVER had them. Now we are in a distpute over fraud and negaitve feedback. Has anyone else had this problem with them?

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts

They sold me soft bags and NEVER had them. Now we are in a distpute over fraud and negaitve feedback. Has anyone else had this problem with them?

Thanks for the heads-up - I saw that listing too & wondered what was up... :willy:

Let us know how the deal works out....

·
Registered
144 Posts
Off the beaten path of the gauges and such, I'd like to know where i can find these rocker panels and stainless or chrome mesh grille inserts I've seen on here. I REALLY would like to enhance the appearance of mine. I do have a tailfin and put blue dots in the taillights and am scheduled next month for pearled silver racing stripes, but it's just not enough for me. If someone could direct me in the right path I'd appreciate it. Everywhere i search leads me to a brick wall:banghead "SOMBODY HELPME!!" PALEEEAAASE:blue:

·
Premium Member
15,490 Posts
Run a search for rocker panels, grilles, etc. There is a veritable plethora of valuable information on these and other topics you can access through the "search" feature above.....:yesnod

·
Slingshot Rules!
61,393 Posts
I may sell both of my hard bags as I am trying to get soft bags instead. I am open to reasonable offers.

Thanks for the update, Yellow Tub . . .

Sadly, over the years I have noticed a downward trend with many eBay sellers. Since joining in the late 90's, I sailed along flawlessly with no problems whatsoever until the last year or so and then BANG . . . three disputes (one still pending) similar to yours. Thankfully all were settled mainly because I paid with American Express. One even involved Local and Federal Law Enforcement with the seller . . . very time consuming but the end result was greatly appreciated.

I sure hope eBay Management is aware of this trend because it is definitely making me much more cautious!

Good Luck on your dispute!

Curt

! :banghead ! :banghead ! :banghead ! :banghead ! :banghead !

·
Registered
33 Posts
Accessories

Latest list for Accessories & MSRPs.

I just received this file from Bob Walczyk. He asked me to please share it on our site with everyone.

Below is just a sample of the list:

For FULL details look at the attached pdf file below. You can also print it out for your own records.
I just look at this list and I'm trying to track down either the soft side or the hard saddle bags and both have been discontinued. They're still on this list. Anybody know where I can get them?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good infomation on the Accessories. But they are all gone now. New hope coming that GM may make some additional Accessories and Parts available in the not too distant future.
Thanks, Bob

·
Registered
5 Posts
How can I get in touch with Bob I need a towing package, bought low mileage from a non gm dealer no one has info on how to get the towing package.

Original owner keep several important items like driver #1 key etc.

Thanks,

Norm

·
Administrator
8,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
This list was current but GM has discontinued many accessories ...

... I need a towing package, bought low mileage from a non gm dealer no one has info on how to get the towing package.
Thanks,
Norm
It is hard to say if there are any more of these GM accessories around. Perhaps you can search EBay where you might see some hard to find accessories up for sale (usually at a much higher price) or maybe one of our Dealer members can locate some of the accessories that our newer members are looking for.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
How can I get in touch with Bob I need a towing package, bought low mileage from a non gm dealer no one has info on how to get the towing package.

Original owner keep several important items like driver #1 key etc.

Thanks,

Norm
You have PM...................:cool Frank

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sling Shot Yellow Running Boards

Anyone know of any Sling Shot Yellow Running Boards for sale ? I am looking for a set.

thanks,

Guy :yellow:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Totally new to the forum. I'm getting ready to buy my first SSR. Have loved em since I first saw an ultra violet one at the corvette funfest in Illinois in 2002. But couldn't afford one til now. I'm looking for an o5 or 06 since mine has to be a stick. Are there any real differences I need to watch out for when choosing between these 2 years? Any special extras the 06 might have that the 05 doesn't. Slingshot is my first choice but if it's the right one red or blue would be a possibility. Also does anyone know exactly what the tow package consists of. Also since I've been surfing the web for an SSR it seems they're:blue::yellow::ssr all listed thru Dealers. Are there any connections to private owners that I'm not finding. Always been a car nut and I know the SSR will be great for me since the wife has trouble crawling in and out of the vette. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
Totally new to the forum. I'm getting ready to buy my first SSR. Have loved em since I first saw an ultra violet one at the corvette funfest in Illinois in 2002. But couldn't afford one til now. I'm looking for an o5 or 06 since mine has to be a stick. Are there any real differences I need to watch out for when choosing between these 2 years? Any special extras the 06 might have that the 05 doesn't. Slingshot is my first choice but if it's the right one red or blue would be a possibility. Also does anyone know exactly what the tow package consists of. Also since I've been surfing the web for an SSR it seems they're:blue::yellow::ssr all listed thru Dealers. Are there any connections to private owners that I'm not finding. Always been a car nut and I know the SSR will be great for me since the wife has trouble crawling in and out of the vette. Any help would be appreciated.
First, Welcome to the forum where you will find lots of folks willing to help you in many ways. The biggest difference in the '06 is the availablility of the Chrome Package that was only offered in that year and the Final Production Run vehicles with the FPR badging. Also the only year for two tones and Pacific Blue color. The towing package consists of nothing more that the special drawbar that is readily available. All SSR's have the hitch and wiring harness from the factory. (You will need to find the harness that is taped in the harness and wire in the plug.) One of the best places to find an SSR is here on this forum. Finally the search feature is a real friend, especially to new members and you might want to post your question on a more appropriate discussion thread within the forum. Lots of luck in your quest for your SSR. :) :blur:

61 - 80 of 93 Posts
About this Discussion
92 Replies
69 Participants
Roynanw
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing