Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've gone and read through alot Of the cigarette lighter posts but I used the aircompressor and over time I've managed to blow all three cigarette 12v interior units and switching fuses doesn't seem to help any suggestions or has any one had this happen?

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,022 Posts
From what I have been told the only receptacle that is live is the one under the rear cover by the tail gate for the air compressor. That is also the one I use to plug in my Battery tender whenever my vehicle is not being driven. The rest need the key on to be live and I have never used them so I may be wrong there. There are many electrical wizards on this Forum so maybe they will chime in. Good luck.

Reactions: tennesseecozydog

·
Premium Member
2,862 Posts
Wyatt
If you own a test light or voltmeter - I always recommend testing fuses with one of these, it will tell you more and will not trick you like my eyes can.

If yes, connect your black lead or alligator clip to a good ground near the rear fuse box. Then touch the other end of the light or red lead to the top part on both sides of the fuses.
If no light (or voltage) on both sides -- no power to fuse or bad ground connection -- check other fuses with key on - if all dead bad ground if most but not all dead on both sides check 125 amp fuse under the hood.
If lights (or voltage) on only one side fuse is blown
If lights (or close to 12 volts) on both sides == fuse is good and circuit good to the fuse.

This procedure will be shown, discussed and optionally demonstrated as part of my tech lesson in Maggie Valley 2019. Pictures 2 and 3 are a few of my slides from this presentation.

You will note from diagram that there are four outlets and three different fuses - are all four outlets not working. 1 in ashtray, two lower dash and 1 in cargo compartment.
NOTE @Auggie Doggie all four outlets are live ALL the time - key does not need to be on for any of them to function -

Are there any other things that do not work? Interior lights, map lights, radio, door locks, windows etc.

Attachments

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,641 Posts
I've gone and read through alot Of the cigarette lighter posts but I used the aircompressor and over time I've managed to blow all three cigarette 12v interior units and switching fuses doesn't seem to help any suggestions or has any one had this happen?
I know it is a long drive from St. Pete to Clearwater but if you make the trip we will check out your SSR. (20 miles)

Here is my SSR How to Library:

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5!853&cid=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5

Dicktator
cell 727-460-6038

SSR's are almost always at my house, had 9 one day last week, 9 week before then 7 the week before.

Attachments

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
1,758 Posts
Mark
Schematics/Diagrams are great for those of that know how to read them. BUT a lot of the members don't to no fault of their own.
Arrows pointing to what you are talking about would be most helpful to them.
Just saying

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,918 Posts
All four power outlets are hot all the time.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,386 Posts
All four power outlets are hot all the time.

This is true (at least in 06) and according to the instructions I read somewhere the tire pump should only be plugged into the power port in the bed since it is the only one wired and fused to handle it. The power cord is supposed to be long enough to reach all wheels fro that power port. Good luck in your search for the blown fuses. I believe there should be one for the lighter and another for the Aux power ports, but cannot swear to it.

Reactions: Auggie Doggie

·
Daily Driver
8,940 Posts
Yes, the schematic shows one for the lighter, one for the two power outlets in the dash and one for the power outlet in the bed.

I've used the power outlets in the dash(not the lighter), and in the bed for the tire pump, but the engine had to be running to work well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok so I have an update, the problem was my actual fuse box needing to be replaced due to corrosion I managed to find one but I'm desperately looking for an ECM driver that controls the fuel pump and it is currently discontinued the part number is 19210071 if I cant find this part I may have to forfeit the ssr to the Chevy dealership as a trade in that wont run and you all know that's not a good option

·
Daily Driver
8,940 Posts
I plugged that part number in Google and got "About 17,800 results (0.37 seconds)". They appear to run about $250.

·
Premium Member
2,862 Posts
Ok so I have an update, the problem was my actual fuse box needing to be replaced due to corrosion I managed to find one but I'm desperately looking for an ECM driver that controls the fuel pump and it is currently discontinued the part number is 19210071 if I cant find this part I may have to forfeit the ssr to the Chevy dealership as a trade in that wont run and you all know that's not a good option
Wyatt
????? You never mentioned that the SSR would not run, is this new after the fuse box replacement?
What else works or doesn't work? Windows, door locks radio etc?
Did you check all fuses in both fuse boxes with the key on as suggested? Which ones did not have power on both sides? This is normal for some, others are a sign of a problem.
Are there any codes stored in the ECM or BCM? (AN inexpensive OBD II code reader may not be able to retrieve BCM codes!)
Place your fingers on relay #44 -- Have a helper place turn key to on -- if you feel relay click -ECM not a fault!

Fuel pump driver module is an internal part of the ECM. I believe the part # is for an ECM which must be programmed to your SSR. This is also not a common failure item (not impossible - just not common)
Are you working on it or is it in a shop? Access to a tech 2 or enhanced scan tool and some knowledge on how to use it.
If no communication with ECM then could be multiplexing (networking) failure, or power and ground to ECM
Scan tool can be used to command fuel pump on -- if it turns on using scanner ECM IS NOT faulty --- if it does not come on check circuit for faults by beginning at the relay.
If its at a shop and they have no clue what this means find another shop.

I am also concerned about the fuse box replacement -- the three auxiliary outlets are fed from the rear fuse box. It is unusual for this to corrode, I believe there have been a few cases but not many.

I would also contact Dicktator as he offered to help!
Might worth the tow bill to either his place or a shop he recommends.

BUT DO NOT TRADE IN without it running

1 - 13 of 13 Posts