Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any and ALL SSR's are welcome to join this Rodrun to Half Moon Bay central Californua on the pacific ocean, generally located south of San Francisco

CALLING ALL SSR's How about an SSR Rodrun to Half Moon Bay, California?
Need someone to help plan.
Sat., Sept. 24th. 2005.

Basically, we shall all meet up in Hayward(?) (breakfast optional), cruise all Chevy Dealerships (Pit-Stops) on the way (Hywy#92), Shop/Eat/play, then return through (Hiwy#84) the heavy forested(great tight-Turns) hills and home.

If you RSVP we can setup mini cruise's from each of your home towns to the main meeting place before we make our Rodrun as a group.

INFORMATION SITE: www.xtoyzrus.com

RSVP Steve before Sept. 21st. 2005
[email protected]
www.SSR-Club.com or
Guestbook or (925)706-1471

ALL SSR's ARE WELCOME!!!

More defined information forth coming...... Your input welcomed.
 

·
I DO WINDOWS
Joined
·
8,825 Posts
...

After that we need an all in run ... one for all, all for one run. In the center of U.S.A. on a wenesday. So we all have travel time to go, meet, and get back home, in a one week vacation. :party Just not during tornado season in that area.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,783 Posts
I'd love to do it, but.....

Unfortunately I'll be "rodding" my motorhome through the Canadian Rockies at that time. Jasper, Banff, etc. Could do it in Oct. tho'.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Enjoy the beautiful country sites and have a SAFE trip and we'll be thinking about you. How about when you get back, you setup an SSR something and we can all join you then? I'm always looking for some place to drive my SSR, when I can.....

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
World SSR Meeting Central USA?

Rebel, I think thats the BEST idea. Maybe for next year so we can all plan our vacations ahead of time?

Some logistics to think about:
Would GM & Dealerships sponsor this?
What State would be big enough to hold us all?
Will the highways & gas stations hold this invasion?
We will need aircraft picture coverage and/or News coverage?

Ford Motor Company & others, eat your heart out!!


Steve

"If it isn't fun, we don't do it!!"
 

·
West Coast Pit Crew
Joined
·
10,185 Posts
Answer to your Questions

SSR-Club.com said:
Rebel, I think thats the BEST idea. Maybe for next year so we can all plan our vacations ahead of time?

Some logistics to think about:
Would GM & Dealerships sponsor this?
What State would be big enough to hold us all?
Will the highways & gas stations hold this invasion?
We will need aircraft picture coverage and/or News coverage?

Ford Motor Company & others, eat your heart out!!


Steve

"If it isn't fun, we don't do it!!"
1 Gm does'nt do $hit( They gave us zero help at Irwindale) I was personally contacted by their Marketing Div. and Chevymall both said they would help but got NOTHING FROM THEM!!!! :banghead :bs Some dealers might help crossing the country??? :skep

2 Branson, Missouri would be a central place to meet (Lloyd-llogers idea) large enough to host this kind of event :party

3 Yes good highways and gas(might have to take a second out on the house to buy gas when this event happens) :glol :glol :glol

4 I think out of our membership somebody has these kind of connections :thumbs

My $.02

Happy :ssr ing

:seeya
Tony
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,252 Posts
Hi Steve. Gerry and I are planning on coming up for the Half Moon Bay run. If everything goes as planned we'll be there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
lloger said:
Hi Steve. Gerry and I are planning on coming up for the Half Moon Bay run. If everything goes as planned we'll be there.
Looking forward to see you guys...

This is the Half Moon Bay event information site, I'll keep it up-to-date and RSVP SSR's can Sign-in or leave a message so others can see who is joining them for this event:

www.xtoyzrus.com
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,809 Posts
Hey Steve How Many Ssr For The Half Moon Bay Run Do You Have Lined Up So Far
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,252 Posts
Hi Bad, it took me a while to find it, but if you go to Steve's last post and click on the Toysrus link just above the flyer, it will take you to the info site and you can click on 'entries' and read the list. Hope to see you there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
abadssr said:
Hey Steve How Many Ssr For The Half Moon Bay Run Do You Have Lined Up So Far
Looks like FIVE SSR's so far but it's early in the game.... I visited Winter Chevrolet(Pittsburg,CA) and they donated two prizes toward our Half Moon Bay run. A die-cast model 500 PaceCar(purple w/flames) and the SSR "GM, An American Oringinal" picture/data book. Pictures on www.xtoyzrus.com Rodrun info page.... I have a few www.SSR-Club.com white T-Shirts to give out too..... I plan on being in Hayward to see about Hayward Chevrolet arrangmentssponsorship and locat a place for breakfast close by......

See Ya! Steve

By the way, the Fanatic "Parts Picture Photos" are really great so far.... Good Idea.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,252 Posts
kwhopper89 said:
...But - I'll most likely make this gathering of Roadsters...

A bunch of SSR's - the Beach - what else could you want to do on a Saturday!
Hope you can make it, Keith. It'll be nice to see some of the Central and Northern CA owners again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SSR-Club.com said:
Any and ALL SSR's are welcome to join this Rodrun to Half Moon Bay central Californua on the pacific ocean, generally located south of San Francisco

CALLING ALL SSR's How about an SSR Rodrun to Half Moon Bay, California?
Need someone to help plan.
Sat., Sept. 24th. 2005.

Basically, we shall all meet up in Hayward(?) (breakfast optional), cruise all Chevy Dealerships (Pit-Stops) on the way (Hywy#92), Shop/Eat/play, then return through (Hiwy#84) the heavy forested(great tight-Turns) hills and home.

If you RSVP we can setup mini cruise's from each of your home towns to the main meeting place before we make our Rodrun as a group.

INFORMATION SITE: www.xtoyzrus.com

RSVP Steve before Sept. 21st. 2005
[email protected]
www.SSR-Club.com or
Guestbook or (925)706-1471

ALL SSR's ARE WELCOME!!!

More defined information forth coming...... Your input welcomed.
SSR's lined up for Half Moon Bay round trip as of today:

Steve (Me) & Judy Blk., 2003
Keith & Jr. Co-Pilot, Yelo.
Lloyd & Gerry, Yelo.
Tom
Matt
Jack (breakfast only) Blk.
Marc
Tim (HaywardChevy Service Mgr.) Blk., 2003
??????????

Guestbook & details at www.xtoyzrus.com
 

·
SSR Owners Group
Joined
·
3,753 Posts
HMB Link

Half Moon Bay Food link

My daughter has already requested that we dine at the Ono Hawaiian Grill...

http://www.sfist.com/archives/2005/04/21/the_opinionated_loudmouth_ono_hawaiian_grill.php

Bottom line: Rating:
The food is really really good, and authentically Hawaiian; the service isn't exactly what you'd call half-assed, but it's ... uh ... three-quarter-assed? Very nice, very accommodating, but s l o o o o o w. You must not expect to be in and out of Ono in under an hour and a half, and you'd better leave two hours open — when you step inside, you're on island time, brah. Relax and enjoy yourself, and wander away at last, stuffed to the gills with excellent food and high on tropical lassitude — Ono Hawaiian Grill is worth the drive all by itself.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SSR-Club.com said:
Any and ALL SSR's are welcome to join this Rodrun to Half Moon Bay central Californua on the pacific ocean, generally located south of San Francisco

CALLING ALL SSR's How about an SSR Rodrun to Half Moon Bay, California?
Need someone to help plan.
Sat., Sept. 24th. 2005.

Basically, we shall all meet up in Hayward(?) (breakfast optional), cruise all Chevy Dealerships (Pit-Stops) on the way (Hywy#92), Shop/Eat/play, then return through (Hiwy#84) the heavy forested(great tight-Turns) hills and home.

If you RSVP we can setup mini cruise's from each of your home towns to the main meeting place before we make our Rodrun as a group.

INFORMATION SITE: www.xtoyzrus.com

RSVP Steve before Sept. 21st. 2005
[email protected]
www.SSR-Club.com or
Guestbook or (925)706-1471

ALL SSR's ARE WELCOME!!!

More defined information forth coming...... Your input welcomed.
Our SSR's Rodrun to Half Moon Bay today went really well. We had nine(9) SSR's and lots of fun and some prizes.... Great run on the way back along the ocean and through the tight turns in the forested mountains. LLoger and has sweet co-pilot Gerry and Keith came from way south to join us and all had a nice time. Four Yellow, three Black, one aqua blur, one purple and one we picked up in Half Moon Bay visited with us........We want to thank Tim(service Mgr.), Grace(H.R.) and Bud (Owner Hayward Chevy) for hosting our SSR-Club Run and joining us on the run too!!! Bud handed out Hats for everyone and joined in on the fun! Lloger took many pictures during the event and I hope he will share some with us all when he gets home Sunday..... Safe Trip to all....... Lets do it again next year.

Steve & Judy
 

·
SSR Owners Group
Joined
·
3,753 Posts
A 12+ hour day - 500 miles (150 of that on Hwy 1!!!) - top down most of the day - what more could I want to do on a Saturday!

A couple views on my way there:

(L-R)
The San Juan Bautista Mission
The Mission Plaza
Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
Natural Bridges State Park
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top