Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, after doing hours of research, and not wanting to be stuck with Goodyear tires with 220 tread rating, I think I have found a good substitute.

Toyo makes same size tires for the rear, and have a 19" tire that is only 2.48 % bigger, which is acceptable. Tire size is 275/45/19.

The tread ratings for these tires is 420, almost twice the treadware of the Goodyear tires.

The tire is Toyo, Proxes S/T. Anyone agree or disagree?

Thanks

·
Yes, I have an ATTITUDE !
1,678 Posts
kengodfrey said:
Ok, after doing hours of research, and not wanting to be stuck with Goodyear tires with 220 tread rating, I think I have found a good substitute.

Toyo makes same size tires for the rear, and have a 19" tire that is only 2.48 % bigger, which is acceptable. Tire size is 275/45/19.

The tread ratings for these tires is 420, almost twice the treadware of the Goodyear tires.

Thanks
You can't put that on the factory rear rim, they are 20's

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
These are the sizes BobA had

put 275/45R19 108Y toyo tires on front and
315/35R20 106W on back
no problems no rubbs when turning all left or right. looks good

·
Yes, I have an ATTITUDE !
1,678 Posts
tire size

front 255x45x19 = 28.04" height
rear 295x40x20 = 29.29" height

these are the factory sizes

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
kengodfrey said:

Thanks
Will the Toyo tires stick as well as the goodyears? (Usually the higher the tread wear, the harder the tire, the less stick it has, right?)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts