Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Super Road Rocket Pilot
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just made a new product to add to the many other accessories I offer, a cover for the red battery box in the engine bay. This solid 6061 aluminum plate goes over the face of the red hinged cover. It comes with double sided tape already attached but to properly adhere it you will need to either add another layer of tape or remove the raised lettering on the plastic box.

This cover is also suitable to use as a replacement for a missing door since the dimensions are just an hair wider and taller than the box itself. Using piano hinge, magnets or several other ideas should work well in providing a nice replacement cover. If you need assistance in replacing the door but have issues doing it on your own, feel free to PM me and maybe we can work something out.

Current price is $40 without shipping, reply or PM for availability or to place an order for this or other products shown at this link. - SSR aluminum Dress Up Items

Attachments

Premium Member
Hello Dragon U2 great idea

my original red lid is missing, is that a replacement for the red lid or is your alu cover to mount on the existing lid?

Best regarts

Premium Member
Hello Dragon U2 great idea

my original red lid is missing, is that a replacement for the red lid or is your alu cover to mount on the existing lid?

Best regarts
:|
I have a similar question.........still have the red lid/cover, but the thin (hinge part) broke off and now I just have a piece of duct tape acting as the hinge.

So, unless your replacement is more than just a polished cover for the existing red lid, sounds like I would still be showing duct tape holding the cover in place.???

2005 SSR LOW MILES
just made a new product to add to the many other accessories i offer, a cover for the red battery box in the engine bay. This solid 6061 aluminum plate goes over the face of the red hinged cover. It comes with double sided tape already attached but to properly adhere it you will need to either add another layer of tape or remove the raised lettering on the plastic box.

Current price is $40, reply or pm for availability or to place an order for this or other products shown at this link. - ssr aluminum dress up items
happy new year mike, are they polished or satin???

Super Road Rocket Pilot
Discussion Starter #5
My original red lid is missing, is that a replacement for the red lid or is your alu cover to mount on the existing lid?
:|
I have a similar question.........
Good question, the answer is both. Since the size of this cover is about 1/64 wider and taller than the factory box, using it as a replacement would not be hard to do. Epoxying a piano hinge to the top of cover and box, using magnets, or other attachment ideas should work great. If you wanted to get more permanent you could get aluminum hinges, weld to the back of the plate and rivet or bolt to the plastic box.

If you don't want to or can't manufacture something on your end and want a turnkey solution, I could probably do it here for you for a few $ more but would need to have the red box on hand.

happy new year mike, are they polished or satin???
Hey Jeff, long time no hear. Belated good wishes to you as well! They come polished but if you want a satin finish I, or when you get one you, can rub some fine grit sandpaper or green scrubbing pads on them to make them satin. Changing back to polished will only take a few minutes with some compound.

Premium Member
Just made a new product to add to the many other accessories I offer, a cover for the red battery box in the engine bay. This solid 6061 aluminum plate goes over the face of the red hinged cover. It comes with double sided tape already attached but to properly adhere it you will need to either add another layer of tape or remove the raised lettering on the plastic box.

This cover is also suitable to use as a replacement for a missing door since the dimensions are just an hair wider and taller than the box itself. Using piano hinge, magnets or several other ideas should work well in providing a nice replacement cover. If you need assistance in replacing the door but have issues doing it on your own, feel free to PM me and maybe we can work something out.

Current price is $40, reply or PM for availability or to place an order for this or other products shown at this link. - SSR aluminum Dress Up Items
Picked up cover from Mike last week. My hinge was broken also. Got Scotch decorative and repair tape, 1 1/2 in wide. blends right in and holds good. If you need some tape send me $10.00. I'll send you 3" of tape and instructions. LOL>:):surprise:

Attachments

Registered
Dragon2U could you please send me a pm on how to order the engine battery box cover. It would be much appreciated

Premium Member
Mike, check is in the mail for [2] small SSR sets, satin, clear-coated and [1] Battery cover, satin & clear-coated. Thanks for your continued support and high quality accessories. BTW, the door & tailgate handle covers look great! Bill

Premium Member
Hi Mike,
I have transferred to your PayPal account.
I looked at the pictures again and again.
and i look forward to the beautiful aluminum lid.

Best regards from Germany

Roman

1 - 15 of 15 Posts