Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
ChriSSR
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last fall my wife surprised me with a 35th wedding anniversary gift for the ages. I always wanted one and she figured the time was right! I recently retired from GM and mostly worked in the Lansing Plants for my entire 39 year career. I was the SSR Bodyshop Tool Install Lead Engineer and had worked in the Craft Centre when the Eldorado was moved from DHAM. I spent some time at the ASC Felton Rd. plant during SSR install & launch when we were trying to get the production process off the ground. I loved the SSR and made many friends at the Craft Centre. I put some pictures of a couple of unique SSR items in my the website garage. Immediately after getting the SSR, I found this website. What a wealth of information! The forum advice has lead me to some of the Simple Engineering's improvements and a better understanding of what makes the truck tick. The one downside of having the SSR is that I am so done with winter and am jealous of the Florida & Arizona boys. I drove it some in the fall but am really looking forward to Summer 2018! :ssr

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
43,675 Posts
Welcome From Western Pa. !!!!!!!!!! :00000732:

Reactions: CPFriend

·
Slingshot Rules!
71,345 Posts
CONGRATS and WELCOME . . . from Southern Arizona.

Sounds like we may have a CELEBRITY in our midst.

! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers !​

·
Registered
78 Posts
Welcome to SSR Forum..Wish you well on Early Spring.
I live in NJ and have been able to get out few times with little snow
and not putting salt down.
I do not drive in salty roads.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Welcome and I feel your pain. I got my truck for Christmas and have not gone through 2 tanks of gas yet. I want to make a few changes and drive the wheels off it. It will warm up eventually.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, that must have really been something special being there when the first SSRs' rolled out of the plant. Nice to see that a GM man knows what a special vehicle the SSR really is...

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,886 Posts
A big hearty welcome from Sunny Sturgis South Dakota. Keep the faith. Summer is coming. Mine is a garage queen but coming out soon. :yellow:

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Chris and Susan -- A hearty warm welcome from sunny San Diego, CA. You left us out when referring to FL and AZ. Could not imagine not being able to take Marilyn out of the garage when the whim hit me -- other than on our infrequent rainy days! Enjoy your ride, the Permagrin only gets stronger and wider. You have already found Mike in AZ Simple Engineering -- his offerings are absolutely awesome and he is too. Cheers, Gib

·
RED SLED
439 Posts
Last fall my wife surprised me with a 35th wedding anniversary gift for the ages. I always wanted one and she figured the time was right! I recently retired from GM and mostly worked in the Lansing Plants for my entire 39 year career. I was the SSR Bodyshop Tool Install Lead Engineer and had worked in the Craft Centre when the Eldorado was moved from DHAM. I spent some time at the ASC Felton Rd. plant during SSR install & launch when we were trying to get the production process off the ground. I loved the SSR and made many friends at the Craft Centre. I put some pictures of a couple of unique SSR items in my the website garage. Immediately after getting the SSR, I found this website. What a wealth of information! The forum advice has lead me to some of the Simple Engineering's improvements and a better understanding of what makes the truck tick. The one downside of having the SSR is that I am so done with winter and am jealous of the Florida & Arizona boys. I drove it some in the fall but am really looking forward to Summer 2018! :ssr
What a great story! Welcome to the SSR forum, enjoy your SSR!!

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
Chris,

Awesome story...Congrats on marrying the right woman!! Now you have a special vehicle to go with that special lady!!

Welcome to the family (from Middle Georgia--where I got to drive mine to work today!!)

Hope to meet you guys down the road...lots of rallies going on this year!!

Alex

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,293 Posts
Welcome from the can't drive mine either Cincinnati! ( I still grin when I start it up from time to time though )

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Welcome from Syracuse, NY - proud owner of Signature Series #20 - understand your jealousy about not being able to drive it year round, store mine from October till April - can't wait till spring - took me 40 minutes to drive to work today in a snow store in my Subaru which normally takes 15 minutes (or 10 minutes in my SSR)

·
Daily Driver
8,935 Posts
The one downside of having the SSR is that I am so done with winter and am jealous of the Florida & Arizona boys. I drove it some in the fall but am really looking forward to Summer 2018! :ssr
Try to brace yourself for shock when you discover there are actually some heathen heretics out there who drive their SSRs every day, year round, through snow and rain and heat and gloom of night.

It's a personal choice to make your SSR a mistress or a partner, to be a collector or a driver. :00000732:

·
Super Moderator
13,908 Posts
Closest memory I can think of comparable to the "First Spring Drive"
I remember sitting in a small classroom of students in Three Hills Alberta - was 9 or 10 yrs old.
The crocus flowers had broken through so I had started bringing my ball glove to school a few days earlier.
With great excitement I was waiting for that special day when we could actually get out on the school diamond to play ball.
Finally, one day in April, I could not wait for that lunch bell to ring!

There are benefits to not driving Kate year round!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts