Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my SSR a year ago, and have been tinkering with it since. Am I still a newby? or have I moved into the sophomore class by now? Have met a number of Northwest Fanatics (had a great time at the Penticton, BC Peach City Beach Cruise and joined over 40 other 'Rs in the show, parade and countryside romp) but thought I'd take a moment away from today's activities along the shores of Lake Washington and the Seafair Hydro Race to reach out to the entire membership and say hello. I'm just up the hill from the lake in beautiful Redmond WA. As I see it Seattle is a suburb or our fine community, but there are some Seattleites who might take exception with that concept. Have a wonderful day and I hope, over time, to have opportunity to meet many more of you in person. Nape

Attachments

·
Spirited driver!
1,658 Posts
Hey Nape,

How did you let that Yellow truck from California get in your NW Fanatics picture? :surprise:

It was great meeting you in Penticton. Your detailing skills demonstrated at the show indicated that you were not a newby to me. That is one very clean and beautiful truck you have. We just have to get you involved in a few more discussions to get that post count up.

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,660 Posts
Maybe the rule should be that your a newby until you attend your first rally!

·
Premium Member
3,057 Posts
Welcome from central Ohio.

I would say once you make your first post declaring your faith (not to just sell something or looking for advice) you are no longer a virgin, oops I mean newbie.

·
Georgia SSRers
1,011 Posts
Got my SSR a year ago, and have been tinkering with it since. Am I still a newby? or have I moved into the sophomore class by now? Nape
Some of the guys think you have to POST everyday but ACTUALLY FANATIC-HOOD is only achieved by your desire to be part of THIS FAMILY !

Your car is BEAUTIFUL, BUT, It could use a LOVELY RED STRIPE.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
welcome

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
Hard to define...Newbie!! Means different things to different people.
I don't relate it to the number of posts you've attained or the number of rallies you've attended.

I would define it more as a relationship you have with your SSR and our community.
Said in my best Jeff Foxworthy voice:

"If you've never heard of @Mike in AZ and you don't have Simple-Engineering bookmarked on your home page...
...YOU MIGHT JUST BE A NEWBIE!!"

"If you've never been to the "How to Library" or heard the name @Dicktator...
...YOU MIGHT JUST BE A NEWBIE!!" and

"If you think the word PERMAGRIN means denture adhesive...
...YOU MIGHT JUST BE A NEWBIE!! :grin2:

@Nape, Welcome to the family from Warner Robins, Georgia...glad to have you along for the ride!! :wink2:

Alex

·
BLU SSR
3,537 Posts
Hard to define...Newbie!! Means different things to different people.
I don't relate it to the number of posts you've attained or the number of rallies you've attended.

I would define it more as a relationship you have with your SSR and our community.
Said in my best Jeff Foxworthy voice:

"If you've never heard of @Mike in AZ and you don't have Simple-Engineering bookmarked on your home page...
...YOU MIGHT JUST BE A NEWBIE!!"

"If you've never been to the "How to Library" or heard the name @Dicktator...
...YOU MIGHT JUST BE A NEWBIE!!" and

"If you think the word PERMAGRIN means denture adhesive...
...YOU MIGHT JUST BE A NEWBIE!! :grin2:

@Nape, Welcome to the family from Warner Robins, Georgia...glad to have you along for the ride!! :wink2:

Alex
Alex
WELL SAID ! AND THANKS FOR MY MORNING CHUCKLE!
:grin2: :blur: :ssr

·
Slingshot Rules!
75,345 Posts
WELCOME, Newby . . . from Southern Arizona.

(The Devil made me do that.)

! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers !​

·
Daily Driver
8,958 Posts
Newby or not Newby, that is the question.
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The failures and breakdowns of outrageous fortune,
Or to take manuals against a Sea of troubles,
And by joining fanatics end them: to drive, to cruise
Way more; and by a drive, to say we end
the heart-ache, and the thousand AAA calls
that SSRs are heir to? 'Tis a consummation
devoutly to be wished. To drive, to cruise,
To drive, perchance to Dream; aye, there's the rub,
for in that drive from failure, what thrills may come,
when we are shuffled off by the flashing red & blue,
must give us pause. There's the respect
that makes Calamity of such high speed.
:shutup:

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,557 Posts
Hidden skills exposed.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks one and all, for your warm, insightful and poetic responses. Based on my own sense of self-worth, along with the tenor of your remarks, I have decided I am a legitimate SSR Fanatic.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
…although I seem to be a bit tentative in navigating the forums (I considered using the Latin "fora" but I think that is reserved for describing a town center).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts