Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not trying to beat a dead horse but the new site just is not fun for me anymore. The old site occupied quite a bit of my off work time. It seems now I could care less whats going on. It is not fun any longer. Am I just an odd ball that is stuck in his ways? I keep trying to continue my knowledge about our trucks but seems difficult to follow up on things. Plus I worked real hard to become ROTM winner, I miss the badge. Old and cranky...

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I feel your pain and I don't think you are alone on this one. I spent a lot more time on the old site than I do now because it was easier. Now it maybe as easy after some time getting used to it and I will keep trying to learn the new system but sometimes that time needed to learn something new can be better used on something else. It seems like the traffic and posts are down quite a bit and even some of the regulars are not posting as much as they did it seems like. I am trying to keep a positive out look and hope it is just going to take time to get back to what it was and ease of using the new sight.

·
Premium Member
26,132 Posts
I am not trying to beat a dead horse but the new site just is not fun for me anymore. The old site occupied quite a bit of my off work time. It seems now I could care less whats going on. It is not fun any longer. Am I just an odd ball that is stuck in his ways? I keep trying to continue my knowledge about our trucks but seems difficult to follow up on things. Plus I worked real hard to become ROTM winner, I miss the badge. Old and cranky...
You're not alone, I'm trying too keep an open mind on this but still lots of stuff I've haven't got a clue on. They say this "is a lot faster and simpler" I wish these people would stop telling me what I want & need! I need my Classic back, I also know that's not gonna happen so will keep trudging along not having as much fun!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I am very new to this site and am enjoying
It. The guys and gals are always helpful and
Knowledgeable.
I will soon be a paying member and my wife and I appreciate all the hard work that went into this site
Hats Off for a job well done 👍

·
Daily Driver
8,778 Posts
You're not alone, I'm trying too keep an open mind on this but still lots of stuff I've haven't got a clue on. They say this "is a lot faster and simpler" I wish these people would stop telling me what I want & need! I need my Classic back, I also know that's not gonna happen so will keep trudging along not having as much fun!
Same here Ed, I've resigned myself to the fact it's changed and I can't do anything about it, but it's such a drag I think twice about bothering to drop in and beat myself up. (n)

·
Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's
1,316 Posts
I was totally disgusted earlier today, I thought...let's start up a NEW SSR Site, as I was trying to look up a fellow Fanatic...I found to do it, I had to put his name in exactly as posted the "Search Community" box and hit enter. So... over another hurdle..just have to keep dancing around the site I guess, learning as I go. I guess I won't suggest starting up another SSR Website! I can tell you this....I know a lot of Crusty Old Know it All's that own SSR's that I have sent to this site, even before the change, and they found it difficult to navigate. Here in Alberta, and at Lake Havasu City AZ, where I winter, of the 70+ SSR owner's in these 2 groups, only about 15 ever look at this website. The only way they find out about runs like Laughlin, Parker, Branson, Red Deer, or Penticton, is thru my private SSR Group database. When I ask the reason why? The comment is always " I couldn't make hide nor hair of where I was, or where I was going" on that SSR Fanatic Site. Communication between SSR owners is what keeps this hobby going....I'm concerned about our growth going forward. It's hard to keep things together by word of mouth!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I was totally disgusted earlier today, I thought...let's start up a NEW SSR Site, as I was trying to look up a fellow Fanatic...I found to do it, I had to put his name in exactly as posted the "Search Community" box and hit enter. So... over another hurdle..just have to keep dancing around the site I guess, learning as I go. I guess I won't suggest starting up another SSR Website! I can tell you this....I know a lot of Crusty Old Know it All's that own SSR's that I have sent to this site, even before the change, and they found it difficult to navigate. Here in Alberta, and at Lake Havasu City AZ, where I winter, of the 70+ SSR owner's in these 2 groups, only about 15 ever look at this website. The only way they find out about runs like Laughlin, Parker, Branson, Red Deer, or Penticton, is thru my private SSR Group database. When I ask the reason why? The comment is always " I couldn't make hide nor hair of where I was, or where I was going" on that SSR Fanatic Site. Communication between SSR owners is what keeps this hobby going....I'm concerned about our growth going forward. It's hard to keep things together by word of mouth!

Is there an alternative to this site????

·
Premium Member
3,431 Posts
Communication between SSR owners is what keeps this hobby going....I'm concerned about our growth going forward. It's hard to keep things together by word of mouth!
Exactly---"Communication"-- so keep coming in and TALKING. As computer dumb as I am I'm starting to get the hang of it. I think. As for as growth, I was thinking Monday how many NEW folks are joining!!! Wondering if it will get too big!?!?. While you are looking around, notice the "joined" date under their name. I noticed @xoxoxoBruce posting today. Missed his comments. Sooo lets give it hell

Nick

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
I have now seen the same exact changes on my other Cadillac/ car forums now too. :oops: I will have to continue to try and learn this new format, even if it ends up killing me! I have been on our great site now for over 15 years and I still find myself hating new changes.

That being said "WE" can't let our forum fail because we all need each other to survive in our SSR world. I can only hope that most of us will stay and help each other out and get to learn how to navigate this maze.

I do miss my navy color font

Marc

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
37,434 Posts
I'm catching on also, everyday I learn something new so it's getting much easier!!!!! Hopefully they give us back some of the stuff we lost and before you know it this will be easy and we will be back to normal.

·
Premium Member
9,202 Posts
I've figured out how to do a few things, but I'm really getting tired of the "keep those cards and letters coming because we are listening" crap from the administrators.

If they actually FIXED something important, like the ability to edit for more than 24 hours, or add the ability to change font sizes and colors, or brought back our really cool emojis from the old site, or brought back a search function................ANYTHING.........to make us think they actually know what they're doing, that would be most encouraging.

This site is somewhat functional, but it is providing a fraction of the function the old site gave us. Hard to be excited about getting our hydraulic excavator taken away, and be told - but look at the nice shovel we gave you.

But on a positive note, I'm getting my post count up without resorting to the cheat threads.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
I have to admit, the first week was a bit daunting. But after giving it what i considered ample time to adjust (10 days in my case) I am not a heavy poster but more of a daily reader so I also find myself spending less time on the forum. But not for the same reason as the above posts - but because it is now easier for me to navigate to just what i want to read and the mark everything else. I still get to follow the threads I want and can mine the info i need.

Just my viewpoint of course but this is a one size fits all kind of thing, so I would like to see them bring back some things - the unlimited editing piece especially soon, please. And i miss the personalization aspects of the signature block, the badges, avatars, etc. like the rest of the group. But I also appreciate the admin's having an open place for suggestions and responding as much as they do. I am on a couple of other forums, which have way more daily traffic than this one, and you would never get an admin response, ever.

As Marc said, we cannot let a format change weaken the great family that exists here. Have a great Friday and enjoy the forum.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
I really don't care for it either. Haven't posted much,but have been trying to navigate and learn it. Change is inevitable, but we don't have to like it. Just keep up the few posts and maybe, just maybe we'll get used to it.

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
37,434 Posts
Well I just learned something new maybe I'm late catching on but if you click on a moment ago, or how many minutes or hours it will take you to the last post on that thread!!!!! :)

·
HobbyBob
592 Posts
Imiss two things from the old site. First, as previously mentioned, the ROTM banner is missing. It is not only a matter of personal pride to be voted on, but it also becomes an incentive for others to strive for. The second thing is the owner location is no longer included. Can anything be done to restore this info to the introduction header? Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I've been here 14 years, and it feels like I lost an old friend. Just the way the old site looked was comforting. I have been through so much personal and health stuff over the last 14 years that this site meant as much to me as my truck itself. I've made some great friends here and the old site was like a rock. I've been to this new site, but I hate the way it looks (stark and uninviting) and I absolutely loathe anything that makes things more needlessly complicated than it was before with 1/100th of the functionality of the thing it replaced. I hate TO MY CORE incompetency and fancy for fancy's sake. Makes me not want to ever come back.

Good job!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts