Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully I am not speaking too soon but I have had an 05 Smokin Asphalt for 1 year now with ABSOLUTELY ZERO problems with anything. It appears many folks have major/minor issues but mine to date has been flawless. Just wondering? :ssr

·
Registered
254 Posts
I've had my '05

since late March of this year and have had no trouble that I didn't cause. I had Supermaxx headers installed and a wire was left too close to them and it burned. Otherwise, all has been OK. :thumbs

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
stutide said:
Hopefully I am not speaking too soon but I have had an 05 Smokin Asphalt for 1 year now with ABSOLUTELY ZERO problems with anything. It appears many folks have major/minor issues but mine to date has been flawless. Just wondering? :ssr

Hope you don't jinx yourself...hadn't had any issues w/my 04 UV until I started bragging about it...bad karma :lol

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Now and then . . . .

stutide said:
As my Grandma would say, "Even a blind sow, stumbles across an ear of corn now and then".

I can't really complain about my SSR (overheating - replaced fan, door handle broken - still waiting). My complaint is with GM or my dealership whomever is dragging their heels. Waited a week for fan(rental car from GM-thanks) and have been waiting almost 6 weeks now for driver's side inside door handle ! !(Service Rep even offered to let me have a FREE rental until that part comes in also, I declined)

A zillion Chevy trucks in the past and not one bit of return to dealer ever for anything that was their fault. Guess GM spoiled me. :lol

Gary (WearyEagle) :seeya

·
Registered
164 Posts
Only minor issues here. Most of my problems have been with getting a replacement part from GM to fix the problem. I have waited 2 months for a replacement carpet. They say not to buy a monday or friday vehicle. Guess what, mine was bulit on a friday. The carpet was put in crooked and keeps comming out from under the console. It has to be replaced to fix it. The carpet finally came in and got replaced, but I had to wait for 2 months. I consider this a minor issue as it did not effect the performance of the vehicle. Would I buy another one? Your damn right I would. Probably the most fun I've had with a vehicle in a long time.

·
Registered
41 Posts
35,000 mile report

After driving my '03 for more than 35,000 miles in 18 months, I've only had a problem with the fan going out at about 34,000 miles. Also bought a new set of tires a couple of weeks ago at the dealership, so I asked them to go ahead and replace the drive shaft while they were at it. Since then, no tink! All in all, it's been a great 35,000 miles! Fewer problems than I've had with any other new vehicle after this many miles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts