Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the first 2005 (or 2006) SSR to be completed by Rick at American Car Craft. Rick is an artist in stainless steel. Our stock engine bays are fairly ugly but now my SSR has been transformed. Thanks to Rick and Lisa at American Car Craft for the beautification project. :cool All of the parts are now available for any year SSR.

Two notes: 1) Both side panels and the hood shroud come off in seconds by popping the nut covers and removing the finger nuts.
2) There are no valid heat concerns. Both the 2004 and 2005 SSRs completed have not had any heat related problems with this setup.

http://www.americancarcraft.com/ssrunderhood.html

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
Wow!! That looks great. I just called lisa and ordered the firewall and fender covers. I am going with a carbon fiber engine cover. Thanks for the photos.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I wish I could see it!! :lol it is so bright:) I don't know how you were able to upload such a large picture, it is larger than my screen! Do they have individual pics of the pieces on their site?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Wildcat,
I have to say that I like your last avatar much better than this one! There are not pics of each item on the site but I will take any pics you need. Anything for a fellow wildcat!
It actually looks better in person. I take better photos of people than I do of cars. Basically you have the firewall, engine shroud, the two side covers, hose cover, the air box pieces, and the alternator cover.
I am going to add a stainless braided wrap on the radiator hose and maybe paint the alternator black with some caliper paint.
Just ask for Lisa when you call Car Craft.

·
Premium Member
5,744 Posts
Looks great! But be careful, I heard horror stories of the reflective light that can act as a magnifying glass and melt other parts down. Older Vette owners I am sure have heard the stories, the chrome air cleaner and the melted hood.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
well as for the avatar, you guys can't have all the fun!:)
and did I notice that you have a silver cap on the washer resovoir?Did that come with this group!? Like I said hard to see it all from the picture!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Vettegirl. I live out in Plant City. We should all meet for Sunday bruch or something.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The caps come with the kit. They just velcro to the top of the OEM cap. There is also a stainless cover on the fuse box.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,610 Posts
Beautiful but a word of Caution

I had a friend with a 65 Corvette with a beautiful chrome air cleaner cover... well after a day at the show he realized that the refelection off the cover caused his hood blanket to be burned and it also caused the paint on the hood to bubble which caused him some big $$$ to fix. The word to the wise is not to keep it open in the direct sunlite for too long of time period. :eek

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Wildcat69 said:
Hi Vettegirl. I live out in Plant City. We should all meet for Sunday bruch or something.
Sounds good! There's a few other local owners we might be able to get together too. :seeya

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Sorry, I will leave the shiny foil to keep my roast in my BB-Q cooking not my engine and its plastic parts.

·
Registered
615 Posts
That is the best Engine Bay of any SSR, that I have seen.:cool :cool :cool :cool :cool .
Some may say over the top, but just plain outstanding to me.

Think we could get a Group Purchase on the under the hood cover. I ordered the driveshaft, boy my wife will be P.O.'ed and that is not post office.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Same

ssr 05 said:
Wow!! That looks great. I just called lisa and ordered the firewall and fender covers. I am going with a carbon fiber engine cover. Thanks for the photos.
I'm thinking the same. Once we install the carbon cover, what stainless parts won't fit?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just as a tip.

1) These items are much easier to keep clean when you have some wax on them. I used Zaino. Three coats of Z5 and three coats of Z2.

2)Dirtex is a great cleaning agent (available at Lowes).

3) Be sure to blow off the items first with compressed air or use a California Car Duster to get the loose debrie (sand, dirt) off of the items first so it doesn't scratch.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts