Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone else had gotten the American Revolution Decal from Chevy Mall. Most vinyl decals leave the letters on the glass or surface and the clear backing comes off but the decal I got came with no instructions and appears to be a simple, primitive stick on decal, clear backing and all. If so, the price certainly does not justify the effect. The cost of doing a high quality decal where clear backing is removed and the letters stay is as cheap or cheaper than one of these. Any one else get one of these? I am really disappointed that the edges of the clear backing are so visible. I was hoping for a vinyl applique. :mad

·
Registered
137 Posts
Guess What

Based on what you folks have said, I think that maybe I will pass on this decal.

My Dad always told me that the biggest lie in the world was "Experience is the best teacher." He told me"Somebody else's experience is the best teacher."

Based on this, He was right again.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,797 Posts
Sample to see ...

cruzned said:
... I am really disappointed that the edges of the clear backing are so visible. I was hoping for a vinyl applique. :mad
Hey Ed,

Can you post some closeup photos so we can see what you are talking about?

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will be glad to after work today Marc. The resolution of the Bow Tie on the letf of the decal is terrible too. Very pixelated and low resolution for the price. I thought it was going to be like the one on the pace car, but looking back, I see that one has a red bow tie and the one on the decal is an attempt at a photoreal gold bow tie. Usually these things are vinyl and the clear backing comes off and the letters stay on but not on this one. Hey, on a brighter note, I peeled off my boot, yes boot, they gave me that instead of a cast so the injury is not as bad as it first felt. I may be gettin better sooner than later! I actually was walking baby step around the house yesterday! Without the crutches! :seeya :thumbs

G

·
Disappointed

cruzned said:
Will be glad to after work today Marc. The resolution of the Bow Tie on the letf of the decal is terrible too. Very pixelated and low resolution for the price. I thought it was going to be like the one on the pace car, but looking back, I see that one has a red bow tie and the one on the decal is an attempt at a photoreal gold bow tie. Usually these things are vinyl and the clear backing comes off and the letters stay on but not on this one. Hey, on a brighter note, I peeled off my boot, yes boot, they gave me that instead of a cast so the injury is not as bad as it first felt. I may be gettin better sooner than later! I actually was walking baby step around the house yesterday! Without the crutches! :seeya :thumbs
I was hoping to get the decal - guess I'll find someone who does vinyl lettering and have them "create" it for me.

Glad to hear you're starting to get mobile again! You'll be back in the driver's seat in no time!

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Decal

Hey Ed get Marc or someone that is with the SSR's Chevy puts out on the speedways as parade lap trucks. Those are the windshield vinyl letters you are looking for, I have a California Speedway parade lap truck and thats the lettering they put on my windshield along with the 42 others and the pace truck. I just don't know where they came from but somebody from Chevy should know :thumbs

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Crazy: Excellent idea!!! How in the world does someone get one of those pace vehicles anyway. They are so hot! I would love to get one some day! :thumbs

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Send Your baby to

cruzned said:
Crazy: Excellent idea!!! How in the world does someone get one of those pace vehicles anyway. They are so hot! I would love to get one some day! :thumbs
Turn your baby into a pace vehicle, send it to ASC(I think) they will convert your baby for the right $$$$$ :thumbs

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Its Not Coke!

Hey Ed

Its not the real thing, the one I have is just the vinyl letters NO CLEAR BACKING. Chevy Mall has sent you an imposter :mad CALLING ALL FANATICS we need to find out for Ed who makes the AMERICAN REVOLUTION windshield vinyl die-cut letters that are going on all the SSR's GM is sending to the speedways across the nation. PLEASE HELP ANY ONE FROM GM OUT THERE :thumbs

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Crazy! I took off my boot and actually pulled Black Betty into the garage yesterday! Yea!!!!! :thumbs

·
A Little BIG JIM
3,352 Posts
Gave Betty the Boot?

cruzned said:
Thanks Crazy! I took off my boot and actually pulled Black Betty into the garage yesterday! Yea!!!!! :thumbs
I never thought I would hear you say you gave Betty the boot?

·
A Little BIG JIM
3,352 Posts
Betty Lonley

cruzned said:
here are the pics of the decal for ya. Sorry it took so long. Takes a bit longe with this dog gone cast on these days! :mad
Betty look's so lonley without her other SSR buddie's.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We miss you guys too Jim! Take care and say hello to the wife for us.
Ed:)
If you are in the area on Sunday I will be at a car show at Colonial Chevrolet put on by the Beachcomber corvette club. Should be a nice event. Definately a lot of Bow Ties!

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Get Well

cruzned said:
It won't be long and you and Black Betty will be cruzin again :thumbs I guess we will have to start a more agressive post to find out were you can get this decal. Every SSR's thats hitting the speedways and every pace truck has the decal you are looking for. Gm has contracted with someone because they are making hundreds of them, should be able to buy them! I have ran into guys that have bought SSR's from dealers who have been pi**ed that the dealer has taken them off . Lets run till monday if no answer I will post one. :( AGAIN MARC ANYONE FROM GM CAN YOU FIND THIS INFO OUT FOR US, THERE ARE ALOT OF FANATICS THAT WOULD LIKE TO BUY THIS DECAL EVEN THOUGH IT'S FREE ADVERTISING FOR GM!!!!!!!

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,797 Posts
crazyrtr53 said:
... THERE ARE ALOT OF FANATICS THAT WOULD LIKE TO BUY THIS DECAL EVEN THOUGH IT'S FREE ADVERTISING FOR GM!!!!!!!
I remember getting one of those at last years SSR Chevy event at Coney Island/ Woodward Dream Cruise. (I asked to get one of those banners off a SSR that had been in the parade.) I think those are the same as Ed got off of our Chevy website.

I believe they are designed like that so you can take them on and off easily. If you apply some WD-42 onto the plastic decal they actually appear to be almost invisible so I was told anyways.

Can anyone spot some GM Executives in the photos? Bob Walczyk Chevy SSR Marketing Mgr. is one.

Attachments

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Thats The Real Thing

Marc NY said:
I remember getting one of those at last years SSR Chevy event at Coney Island/ Woodward Dream Cruise. (I asked to get one of those banners off a SSR that had been in the parade.) I think those are the same as Ed got off of our Chevy website.

I believe they are designed like that so you can take them on and off easily. If you apply some WD-42 onto the plastic decal they actually appear to be almost invisible so I was told anyways.

Can anyone spot some GM Executives in the photos? Bob Walczyk Chevy SSR Marketing Mgr. is one.
Hey Marc

Those pic's are the real Die-Cut Vinyl letters that Ed and every one else is looking for, those are not the ones like Ed got from Chevy Mall. Could you please find out where GM gets those. Everyone would greatful :thumbs

1 - 20 of 46 Posts