Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went and test drove some SSRs today...I have found a nice Aqua Blue that I like. MSRP is 50.5K. How do I work them down???? There are three dealers in the area with the same color and options.

·
Premium Member
5,744 Posts
Hey, I live in Hawaii and didn't pay anywhere near that price, even out the door after taxes and all that. Mine is '06, 6 speed, SSR3 pkg w/ running boards, aux gauge pkg, carpeted bed, wood bed strips, chrome wheel pkg. So go from there, don't know what options they have on them and what you looked at or drove.

Play hard ball, offer low, let 'em come up, walk if you have to, let them go get whomever they got to go get, to OK your offer, it's a game and my wife did it perfectly the 1st time. She insisted on trying on this one and I let her.

There's plenty out here to be bought just look at ebays listings today, many in the $34-39K range, just depends on the options you want?

Good Luck!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi, I see you are in TN but I'm sure the supply there far exceeds the demand as in our area. Just the fact that you test drove several tells me that. In our area (Chicago, IL) 05's are sitting in the lot with $37,989 on the window in big neon green print for all to see. That's before any GM card earnings going on right now or any other negotating. That's for $50K sticker new vehicles. As mentioned elsewhere Ebay has them going for even less so just offer low and let them come up. I did that at this time last year on my 04 and walked off the lot just over $31K for a new 04 that listed for $48K+. No different than the Z06's now - some dealers are at list price and some as high as $30K over. They will gladly take the check if someone is willing to pay, just depends on how much time you want to spend to get your deal.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
wait till the end of this month

I really should not say.... Negotiate 3 or 4 days towards the end of month; If dealer needs to sell / been in inventory to long / you have a good chaance at snaggging a good deal.. right now your best shot is between 34,000 and 37,500 this includes the incents.

Goood Luck:)

·
Registered
234 Posts
I got $12, 300 off of my new 2005 SSR.

·
Registered
615 Posts
fourhounds said:
I really should not say.... Negotiate 3 or 4 days towards the end of month; If dealer needs to sell / been in inventory to long / you have a good chaance at snaggging a good deal.. right now your best shot is between 34,000 and 37,500 this includes the incents.

Goood Luck:)
I think all the advise is good. Dealers do not like paying floor plan. Give this Ebayer a call.
2006 Chevrolet : SSR
Item number: 4610233531
or the group a gander.
http://search.ebay.com/ssr_W0QQfromZR40QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ3QQsbrsrtZd

1 - 8 of 8 Posts