Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, Around 3 pm, my wife and I decide that on a 80 degree day we should put the top down and take a small cruise. Everything proceeded nicely and was returning home. Driving on a 4-lane divided hwy. with a posted speed limit of 55mph. For once in my life I was driving the speed limit when we met a Tn. state trooper. I looked in my rear view mirror and see him do an immediate "flip flop". He gets behind us and follows us for a mile or so and then he hits his blue lights. I pull over to the side of the hwy., he walks up to my car, and says "good afternoon". I inquired if I had done something wrong and he said no, that this was the first SSR he had seen and just wanted to look at it more closely. So we spend about 10 minutes on the side of the road, his patrol car behind me with the blue lights flashing, every passing car looking at the idiot who had been stopped by the trooper, and he checks everything out. Had to show him how the top operates, the remote tonneau cover opens, etc. He was very impressed with the SSR, thanked me for my time and cooperation. and proceeded on his way. Living in a small rural Tn. County of 30,000 people I think I still have the only SSR in this area so it is attention getting. All-in-all, sort of a neat way to get introduced to the local state trooper and who knows, maybe I'll get diplomatic immunity if he ever has to stop me again on an "official" basis. Like I said earlier, I tend to drive above above the posted speed limits!

R

·
0 Posts
One of a kind

Its nice to hear that not all patrolmen have attitudes. I have yet to meet one of them!!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Me too, sort of

My last vehical was a 96 Sebring Conv.

The guards at work do (oxymoron warning) perodic random vehicle searches. I found myself the recipient of one right away. Haven't had that pleasure with my new pony.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Local Officer

Yesterday morning I stopped at my regular corner store for the morning paper, as is my daily routine. This time the local highway patrolman happened to be filling up, so the owner, who has commented on the SSR a number of times, comes out with the hipo in tow. I had to (or got to) show them all the above mentioned, too. He wants me to say how fast I've had it, to which I replied, "About 55." He laughed and thanked me. Fun conversation...as most are when I drive my Redline SSR :) .

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
About a month ago we were pulling into the parking lot at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo (at Reliant Park) - An HPD officer and a Harris County Dep Sherrif were working the parking lot gate we went in. By the time we were finished discussing it and messing with the top, et al; there were five law enforcement officers around it. Got the same question "Have you punched it yet??" I replied that this would certainly be a legal infraction and I certainly would never do that. He said that it was a good thing I was wearing sun glasses and he couldn't see my eyes. They LOVED it.

·
Registered
407 Posts
come on people....no one drives faster then our friends in law enforcement. why do you think they are the ones asking how fast the darn car goes!

rick :flag

1 - 6 of 6 Posts