Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this info in the latest Hot Rod Mag, regarding fan operation. Check out
JSC Engineering, their web site is www.droptail.com click on the new products tab for the fan info. This may help for those having the overheating and fanfailure problems. I am going to try to call them later today or on Monday and find out what they have to say and offer on this new product. It may be worth a try. Later................................................................................Tom

PS have to find out if this kit can work with only one fan as opposed to two...

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Fan answer??

:seeya Roadster, went to the website and to a novice like me this looks very good. Hope it can do what they claim. Let us know what you find out. They might get a lot of orders in the near future. :ssr

·
Registered
349 Posts
The Perfect Fan

I wonder if they have a two-speed unit available? That would make the hook up simple.

After looking under the hood again, it appears to me that there is room for a larger diameter fan. Ideally (following Jim G's recommendations), the perfect replacement would be a two-speed, larger diameter with curved blades (both for quietness), and higher CFM (for more air flow to the engine compartment as well). If we can find this combo, I'd buy the first one. :thumbs

1 - 3 of 3 Posts