Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another newbie!

Got my ‘05 platinum just before Christmas and love it. Have been looking for this site for a while.

My only problem is the bed cover leaks like a sieve – a problem in Seattle. Dealer has ordered a new gasket.

One question dealing with the towing package. Is there a alternative to the draw bar? I have bike rack and cargo deck that go into a 2 inch receiver and would like to use them.

·
Registered
124 Posts
modified hitch

I made an adaptor to recieve a 2" bike rack for mine. I'm currently in Mexico but will post pictures when I return this weekend.

·
Registered
158 Posts
welcome!

Welcome to the blvd batv! You're going to have a blast here! Lots of extremely interesting characters here.....................:jester

kroozn

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Welcome to the group!!! Make sure that they align the cover too!!! Hope that seal fixes it good as new. Try a search for the bike rack. You might come across a couple of tips! :thumbs

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
batv said:
Another newbie!

Got my ‘05 platinum just before Christmas and love it. Have been looking for this site for a while.

My only problem is the bed cover leaks like a sieve – a problem in Seattle. Dealer has ordered a new gasket.

One question dealing with the towing package. Is there a alternative to the draw bar? I have bike rack and cargo deck that go into a 2 inch receiver and would like to use them.
My cover leaked for almost a year before they finally sent a rep out who wound up building up the seal with some gunk. The problem was that the hole in the back where the water is supposed drain through isn't big enough to handle a lot of water, so it overflowed into the bed. If yours it wet in both rear corners, you may have the same problem too.

·
Registered
89 Posts
do you shut the cover before the tailgate, i have seen dealers remove the tag that tells you to close the cover before the tailgate. hope that works:thumbs

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
LESSTANFORDCHEV said:
do you shut the cover before the tailgate, i have seen dealers remove the tag that tells you to close the cover before the tailgate. hope that works:thumbs
Also on that note...I have noticed that if you close the cover very easily and it just barely locks down, then you swiftly shut the gate, it will pop the cover up a little bit (it's still locked, but not flush or sealed well). So now I always close my cover hard and my gate softly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts