Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What sports do you enjoy?

I love bowling and carry a 153 average. I also play softball and ride a Yamaha 4 wheeler when ever I can. I love to play in the dirt!

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,208 Posts
The only one I can

Play since my knee surgery is Bowling. Carrying a 191 average. Still less than before the surgery, 234.

Oh, and Golf too, but also not as well. Might help if I played more than three times a year.

Is horse shoes a sport?............... Not shoeing horses, mind you.

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Kinda Like Football

StepPrinting said:
The kind you watch while sitting...... :lol

Joe Davis
StepPrinting.com
Millions of people who desparately need exercise, sitting around watching 22 men on a field who desparately need rest. :lol :lol :lol

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Fishing, Fishing, Fishing!!

Bass fishing (catch and release), Fly fishing (ditto), Big Game fishing ( release all Sailfish, Sharks and Tarpon, keep and the Tuna, Dorado and Sea Bass for Dining. Ummm Good!

W

·
0 Posts
Me?

Hi-I love scuba diving and swimming--any water sports, actually--anyone else out there a diver???
I also play women's league volleyball during the summer, and in a coed fun league during the winter.
I also am a moderately good 8 ball pool shooter, and have played league for over 15 years.

As far as spectator sports....I am a avid NASCAR fan. When the race is on, I usually don't answer the phone!
I also follow football and am a diehard Bears fan. I don't watch too many of the games because my husband yells at the TV all through the game! :lol

wipurplechick
"If I must get wrinkles, please let them be laugh lines!"

·
Registered
416 Posts
Tennis ... much more a tennis fanatic than an SSR fanatic, and used to play racquetball during the winter months, when I lived Up North.

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Horse shoe's is a sport, and I play, but also like darts (another one of those summer Olympic games). Haven't played tennis in years, but would consider playing again it was a lot more fun then golf. Fishing, swimming (especially in the summer, in the surf), Hunting, I love to bowl, but I am NO "Earl Anthony". Been years, but horseback riding is a blast. Season ticket holder to 2 (two) farm league teams in Frisco, Tx. Tx. Tornado's (Hockey) and The Roughriders (Baseball). I live just off a bike trail so of course bicycling, and motorcycling, on the streets.

But one of the greatest sports known to man, and some women :lol still love to go "women" watching.

Is that last thing a "sport" ? :rolleyes:

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Focks said:
Horse shoe's is a sport, and I play.

I'm going to have to take you guys on, as I was the Horse Shoe Champ. Even have a trophey to prove it! Looks like we need to have a Horse Shoe Tournament at the next hotrodgirls BBQ!

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
hotrodgirl said:
Focks said:
Horse shoe's is a sport, and I play.

I'm going to have to take you guys on, as I was the Horse Shoe Champ. Even have a trophey to prove it! Looks like we need to have a Horse Shoe Tournament at the next hotrodgirls BBQ!
Of course you know, that in Texas, we throw them while they are still on the horse, right?

We find it takes a tad more skill. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Soccer-Over 40 league.....we practice 3 times a week and have games on the weekends......I'm getting to old for it though.(Or maybe just too lazy)

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,208 Posts
hotrodgirls horsehoe tournamnet

Sounds like a challenge to me. :seeya

I'm in for some shoein at next years event. :thumbs

Not sure if LANSING'S UNION HALL has horse shoe pits, but the one in Janesville has 20 of them for summer leagues. Or maybe they can put some in at the plant for our next visit. Away from the vehicles of coarse. :jester

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Hey, where is all the Big 10 sports fan. I'm 30 year season ticket holder to "The Big House" in Ann Arbor, MI. In fact we open up this Saturday and if you look at your Tv, look for the guy with the Maize & Blue hat. Go Blue.

Now regarding horseshoes: I use to pitch and enjoyed it. In my very first tournament which I entered, I got beat by a woman. So now I'm leery of Hotrodgirl. Enjoying the posts, great bunch of people. Scheide.

·
Premium Member
2,727 Posts
Winter Sports

Any sled rider out there.
Once the car is park for the winter I pull out the sleds.
Got a 1000cc Yamaha RX-1. Been riding sleds for over 20 years, alot of it north of the border. There is just something about putting on a helmet and flying for miles & miles with out seeing a soul. Got a very heavy thumb when it comes to sledding :lol

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
RaticalSSR said:
Any sled rider out there.
Once the car is park for the winter I pull out the sleds.
Got a 1000cc Yamaha RX-1. Been riding sleds for over 20 years, alot of it north of the border. There is just something about putting on a helmet and flying for miles & miles with out seeing a soul. Got a very heavy thumb when it comes to sledding :lol

RaticalSSR

Yes, I do sled in the winter also. My mother and sister have places up in Houghton Lake which is heaven to snow mobliers here in MI. I go up in January every year for Tip Up Town. It's a huge party weekend where you can seld on the lake and even take a dip in the freezing cold water. If your every up this way in January. Bring your sleds and head up it's a great time. It's alway the 2 and 3rd weekends in January.

B

·
0 Posts
Fishin, not always for fish thou. ;)

Bass tournement friday nite 8pm to 8am sat. 39 boats.
4th place 1.22 #s out of 1st

13.42#s

big bass 5.56#

4 fish limit

Grand lake Oklahoma.

Had a ball. Since there is .75 a gallon between Deisel and 91 proof, I pulled the boat to the lake with the 3/4 Chevy.

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
FOOTBALL!!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts