Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished my under hood enhancement profect. Cut the letters out of 1/4" aluminum and mounted them with screws from the backside of the insulator panel. One of the joys of being retired is having the time to work on SSR projects.

Attachments

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
lloger,

You amaze me! Even though you have the time, you have the talent too!

Great job!

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
very nice touch

I'm assuming you laid them out by hand, how large are the letters? :cool

·
Premium Member
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you!

Thank you all. The SSR is already embossed in the underhood insulator. I made templates out of thin cardboard and then transferred them to 1/4" aluminum. I used a hacksaw, drill press and file to cut them out. Time consuming but worth it I think.

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
"Way to go Lloyd

That Looks Nice!!! :yesnod

RickSSR :cool

·
Registered
371 Posts
OK llogger....now you have to sellers! First the front license plate bracket, now the under hood emblems!!!:) When are you going into production? ;)

·
Premium Member
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks

living2be said:
OK llogger....now you have to sellers! First the front license plate bracket, now the under hood emblems!!!:) When are you going into production? ;)
I really appreciate all the comments on my projects. They have all been positive. So far as going into production, I have thought about it, but I have done all of them in my garage workshop. They have all been a lot of hand work and labor intensive and would be cost prohibitive to try to do any great quantity of them. To make it worthwhile I would have to charge too much because I would have to spend too much time in the workshop and I wouldn't have time to enjoy my retirement doing other things I enjoy like traveling and cruising around in Ole Yeller. As always though I will continue to share my ideas and am always willing to help others in any way I can who wish to do these projects themselves. Again, thanks to all for their comments.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts