Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found another scratch on my smokin asphalt on the front left finder, something must have jumped up off the road and whacked it? Tried a different attack to this scratch which was down to the white primmer, thanks GM. I used my touchup bottle of GM paint and just brushed it into the scratch. Then I tried to just wax it even into the paint rather than disturb the clear coat, obviously this didn't work. I then went and got my Zaino clay bar and the wash/water solution I had mixed from my previous cleaning. I had my SSR in the bright hot sun light so I could see what I was doing and started spraying and rubbing the clay bar over the tough up area. I couldn't believe the results, the new paint blended right in and I can't see where the scratch was no matter how hard I look? Think I'm now ready to attack all the stone chips, but think I'll wait till after my East Coast trip next month.

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
me too

Fred

Tim used the clay bar on several of really bad scratches on my UV and it really worked well. Have mentioned this before but you're the first to say they have done the same thing and it worked. :thumbs

Randi

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Randi,

I was pleasantly surprised at the results. It was a deep scratch and no matter how hard I look it is gone, and my SSR is BLACK, which has to be the worse to match, but then your color might also be difficult? I've a friend that has a new Cadillac, also black, and he noticed a web like scratch on his door. He is still trying to figure out what to do so I'm going to mention the clay bar to him. His Cadillac was clay bared and waxed already so he knows about clay bar.

·
Registered
67 Posts
advice..

Hey Fred this is John from Fresno, I could have swore it was you who gave me the advice about a Bra for the front, that they were prone to chips in the front. I use mine anytime I'm on the freeway for any length of time. look forward to seein ya soon.... John

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FreddyKaye said:
Hey Fred this is John from Fresno, I could have swore it was you who gave me the advice about a Bra for the front, that they were prone to chips in the front. I use mine anytime I'm on the freeway for any length of time. look forward to seein ya soon.... John
John,

Don't swear, it's not nice... Yes, it was me that told you about the Colgan bra and to use it when on the highway. I only use it on long runs and even in the city we can get chips from other vehicles around us. I'll have the bra on when I make my run across the country in September and hopefully get no more chips. Sorry I'll miss you at the Corona event, have a great time, Fred

1 - 5 of 5 Posts