Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,541 Posts
I'm glad the automakers break the mold and make something different every now and then. Seems like cars are getting generic in styling these days.
When I was a kid and as my dad drove down the road he'd occasionally quiz me as to what make and year a particular car was. I enjoyed the exercise but would imagine this would be a very difficult quiz today, especially figuring out the model year.

Dave

·
Ret. Air Force
3,623 Posts
If I had zero skills in life and was relegated to write about things that I know absolutely nothing about, I would absolutely write an article about this author.

I would want all of his readers to understand that he is one of the 5 worst writers employed by this East Coast rag agency.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Did you notice the article actually calls SSR perfect?
"it was the perfect Baby Boomer mid-life crisis car."
This might not be envisioned as a complement, but kind of is.

The review is actually not that bad, "the SSR was not really a truck, not really a convertible, and not really a rod.", the reviewer is not wrong, SSR is ALL of these things :)))

·
BAD BOW TIE
8,402 Posts
Did you notice the article actually calls SSR perfect?
"it was the perfect Baby Boomer mid-life crisis car."
This might not be envisioned as a complement, but kind of is.

The review is actually not that bad, "the SSR was not really a truck, not really a convertible, and not really a rod.", the reviewer is not wrong, SSR is ALL of these things :)))
You forgot, "He is not really a writer"!

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
When I was a kid and as my dad drove down the road he'd occasionally quiz me as to what make and year a particular car was. I enjoyed the exercise but would imagine this would be a very difficult quiz today, especially figuring out the model year.

Dave
My brothers and I played the same game a lot. That was back in the sixties when models changed yearly by a noticeable difference. Today I have to look at the grill emblem sometimes just to tell who made the generic thing.

·
Daily Driver
8,776 Posts
I'm glad the automakers break the mold and make something different every now and then. Seems like cars are getting generic in styling these days.
I'm not sure if the break them, shuffle the along to someone else, or just share them. :rolleyes:

Attachments

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
24 Participants
outlaw502
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing