Chevy SSR Forum banner

Another SSR poo-poo article

5K views 29 replies 24 participants last post by  outlaw502 
#1 ·
#2 ·
The insecure person or persons that formulated that article, most likely has never enjoyed their life. Probably Someone who has been told what too digest and regurgitate on their non-enlightened pages of drivel. Maybe one day they can experience the Permagrin from owning a true Fun experience...The SSR. ( if their Mommy will let them that is..)

#5 ·
Same old story ... wise up Guys & Gals !!! These so called "Bean Counters" take a look at them, drive em around the block a couple of times and all of sudden they become "Expert Vehicle Judges" That is nothing but pure B.S. !!! And that's exactly why we like 'em ... do you think the first Cotten Gin Eli Whitney put together was maintenance free ??? Hell no it wasn't but Cotten Farmers couldn't wait to get one. Sure GM made a few Boo Boo's but that's what makes them so collectible ... you got to be a special person to want one, just ask Dicktater, Dragon2U, BlueStreak, Mark in AZ, and a few other SSR Guru's. An SSR "Know it All" is a proud title not a slap in the face to these special Guys. There are several more SSR "Know it All's" out there, and I apologize for not mentioning you. With out you all we might be in a hellavu shape ... they are truly unpaid GM engineer's. I'll say one more thing before I get off my soap box ... they're one hellavu fun, unique, one of kind American Lansing Legend. End of conversation !!! :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

#8 ·
Funny to me because I have two of their listed five. I bought a Chevy Tracker for a beater and the thing is great for what it is. We keep it around for an extra vehicle. Haul stuff in it with the rear seats down, its 4 wheel drive so good for winter. I have almost no money in it and if something happens to it I am not out a lot.

#12 ·
Yep, double guilty too! We had the extended trailblazer that took us across country many times with family for many years. It was ran almost to the ground, but someone approach us one day - even though there was no for sale sign and bought it literally from the steps of our home.

BTW, my nephew who is in college drives a pass-on-down from his parents trailblazer(01) to this day.

Oh and Wiz - you peg it! "The author evidently doesn't understand the idea of being different. Oh, and auto makers, please do all you can to continue your creativity. And thank you for being bold enough to produce the SSR."

#13 ·
Apparently I have NO TASTE because other than 2 SSRs the only thing I have for back up is a 2002 Envoy.

#14 ·
I love my SSR. I was looking to buy a El Camino & collector prices made it way too expensive. The El Camino's I did test drive? I hit my head on back window trying to keep from being strangled by shoulder harness. Yes the Lady in Red has her problems. Speedometer being wrong, burning up ABS modules because Chevrolet put ABS inches away from Catalytic converter. I find more lovers of the SSR than haters. Except my being told by local clubs of other GM vehicles. "I am not welcome to show my 04 SSR because it detracts attention from there Camaros & Corvettes". Has any one tried moving the Catalytic converters further back on "Y" pipe? I am changing mine because Trailblazer exhaust does not meet the High performance of the SSR. I have resolved many issues on my own. My Hp & Torque through tuning. But it burned out the Cats & ABS. Love my stiff riding SSR. You can pry my cold dead hands from Kelly's steering wheel when I die.

#18 ·
Most of these self appointed Car Gurus personal vehicle, if it be known, is probably some foreign, 3 cylinder something or another that no one has ever heard of. Oh ya and no one would ever want one or be seen dead in it. Just my review of the re-viewers.

Reactions: BROKER03
#22 ·
If I had zero skills in life and was relegated to write about things that I know absolutely nothing about, I would absolutely write an article about this author.

I would want all of his readers to understand that he is one of the 5 worst writers employed by this East Coast rag agency.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.