Chevy SSR Forum banner

Another stupid article, but with a great picture of Dave Mereck!

3K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  AsphaltMarley 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Well, based upon the recent articles we've seen here from Hagerty regarding SSR values, I'd say the writer doesn't have a clue. The only thing he got right was that people didn't want to pay $40K plus for the truck back then. It certainly wasn't that the SSR ruined Chevy's street crede, that's for sure. Yeah, Chevy built some real pieces of crap but to put the SSR in a pile with Vega's and Chevelle's is ludicrous. My guess is he's jealous because he doesn't have one to drive.

#7 · (Edited)
In my 76 years on this planet I owned or operated almost everyone of these great Bow Ties and loved them all. It is like Pizza. All is good just some better then others. No bad Pizza.

#11 ·
You're right, the writer doesn't have a clue "...leading Chevy to end the model after only 9,000 sold." I guest the other 15,112 SSRs made aren't real. A quick wiki/google search would have gotten the total SSRs made correct. Lazy writer. Also, the Ralph Nader film on the Corvair's bad handling was proven to be inaccurate when watched frame by fame, because the Corvair driver's hands can be seen turning the Corvair off course. Visuals can be misleading.

#12 ·
Someone commissioned an article that badmouthed Chevrolet through the years. Accuracy was not a requirement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.