Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If there is a 17 week scheduled shut down in production, at the craft shop. How about the option of SSR owners making appointments to bring there SSR’s back to the people who know them the best. Have the assemblers make adjustments, windows roofs, they may learn from seeing the road warriors, or at least see trends that might help in the future assembly process improvements.

·
Administrator
8,205 Posts
Interesting Idea!

REBEL said:
If there is a 17 week scheduled shut down in production, at the craft shop. How about the option of SSR owners making appointments to bring there SSR’s back to the people who know them the best. Have the assemblers make adjustments, windows roofs, they may learn from seeing the road warriors, or at least see trends that might help in the future assembly process improvements.
Hi Rebel,
You might want to PM "realprowlerfan" about that. He told some of us that attended the Dream Cruise last summer that he was the first one to be able to have an issue resolved/fixed at the assembly plant. I am pretty sure that would not be allowed today. Maybe this was done because it was early on in the production stages of the assembly line process where they had skilled workers on hand that knew the repair process best. Perhaps some of the local dealers at that time might not have had enough technical training on the methods to repair his issue.

J

·
0 Posts
Great idea

I like this idea. While it would be a great inconvenience for me I would make the drive from NC to Lansing even though I just relocated to NC in April from Ann Arbor.

One problem (assuming that GM would do this) might be the weather depending on when this could happen. If in the Spring/Summer it could be a fun event. Maybe cars along the way link up and form a convoy??? Also a learning experience.

·
Administrator
8,205 Posts
Another Great Idea!

jniedosp said:
I like this idea. While it would be a great inconvenience for me I would make the drive from NC to Lansing even though I just relocated to NC in April from Ann Arbor.

One problem (assuming that GM would do this) might be the weather depending on when this could happen. If in the Spring/Summer it could be a fun event. Maybe cars along the way link up and form a convoy??? Also a learning experience.
You never know... I was very fortunate to be able to tour Lansing Craft Centre last May and it was truly a fun and exciting experince. Perhaps if enough interest is generated we might be able to get permisson for a special one time tour were a select number of the SSRFanatics... could go on. We might also have a oportunity to all meet up somewhere near there and travel in a convoy??? :cheers

·
Registered
590 Posts
Think Gm Would Pay Mileage And Travel Expenses ? I Like That Idea.

J

·
0 Posts
I'm In

Marc NY said:
You never know... I was very fortunate to be able to tour Lansing Craft Centre last May and it was truly a fun and exciting experince. Perhaps if enough interest is generated we might be able to get permisson for a special one time tour were a select number of the SSRFanatics... could go on. We might also have a oportunity to all meet up somewhere near there and travel in a convoy??? :cheers
Count me in if it comes together. I like the idea of a tie-in with the Dream Cruise. It was one of the things I liked best about living near Detroit.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Mapquest says only 2400 miles and 44 hours and 39 minutes driving time for me!

(might drive the SSR faster than Mapquests average)

·
Premium Member
9,223 Posts
Hey, COE - come through Summerland on your way. With your COE, you could load yours on, and we could haul mine with my car hauler - you do have a hitch, don't you? We could split fuel and accomodations.

Then we could fix both of them at the same time - they would be extra kind to a couple of Canucks driving that far, wouldn't they?

:yesnod :yesnod

J

·
0 Posts
Hey guys good luck in coming up to our plant to get your trucks retro fitted lol. The one guy who said he came in to the plant to get his truck fixed is one lucky guy. Only the heads of the company have done that and one other person I know of. By the way I do work at the craft center and I am a repair man who now is a body fitter. If you guys have any questions give me a holla. And who told you guys we are getting 17 weeks off, man your info is so far off its crazy.

·
Administrator
8,205 Posts
More Sources of Info

jimjacks7 said:
Hey guys good luck in coming up to our plant to get your trucks retro fitted lol. The one guy who said he came in to the plant to get his truck fixed is one lucky guy. Only the heads of the company have done that and one other person I know of...
...If you guys have any questions give me a holla. And who told you guys we are getting 17 weeks off, man your info is so far off its crazy.
Hey Jim,

I was the one that reported that 17 weeks downtime might be in the works for next year. I also had heard in the news media that your plant will have an additional week off in January. FYI I work at a GM POWERTRAIN facility and I received Louts Notes and e-mails from various people within GM some are from the Lansing Craft Center and others are from other GM facilities. I try to relay any out of the ordinary information that I get to our members on here. I always try preface my information I post on here with “I received this from someone within GM.” I certainly can’t authenticate any of those stories/rumors for they are just that, opinions of the sender. Certainly you can confirm along with me that working at a GM facility we certainly can get many assorted stories as to what is really going on.

I for one am glad you became a member here and perhaps be able to help out with what you know and hear within your SSR plant.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Flassh said:
Hey, COE - come through Summerland on your way. With your COE, you could load yours on, and we could haul mine with my car hauler - you do have a hitch, don't you? We could split fuel and accomodations.

I have the hitch but it would be cheaper to drive the two 5.3 SSRs than to pull with one 454V/8 , also not sure if your SSR would be used to going that fast!
:lol

·
Registered
590 Posts
Might yellow your paint

wouldn't wanna yella ur paint eh!

BUT THEN MAYBE A BURNT ORANGE SRR MIGHT LOOK GREAT!

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts