Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finished installing the Muth Mirrors. Checked everything out from inside and went to open door. Guess what door would not open. Took handle off and there it was broken plastic latch attaches to. Another cheap idea from factory. Got 2 new from Mike Byers when he was having his get rid of SSR parts sale. What is ironic I just ordered 2 repair kits for a friend last Friday from Mike at S/E. So there you go "WHY ME".

Attachments

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,594 Posts
Daaaang Robert!!! - :surprise:

I'm beginning to think maybe you ought to take up
"full-time drinking!!" - 0:)

images.jpeg <----->:)-->:)-----> images.png

☆☆☆ - It would be less stressful and probably less expensive, too!! - :laugh:

================
David :black:
((Hang in there buddy!)) - :sunce:

images-2.png

·
Ret. Air Force
3,726 Posts
Daaaang Robert!!! - :surprise:

I'm beginning to think maybe you ought to take up
"full-time drinking!!" - 0:)

Or maybe he WAS drinking while he was working on the R!?!? :surprise:

I can't confirm or deny that I've ever done that before... :grin2:

...but I can tell you that it gets real expensive, real fast (er, uhm...hypothetically) :wink2:

·
Slingshot Rules!
77,365 Posts
Maybe I'll stop doing upgrades, remove the bed cover, park it under a shade tree and throw my empty beer cans in the back. Then I'll be a true Tn *******.
Definitely an option, SWT.

Plan B . . . Dump DIY and become a Supervisor.

! :surprise: ! >:) ! :surprise: ! >:) ! :surprise: !

·
RedHotSSR
605 Posts
It isn't you

This has nothing to do with you my friend. This is just ANOTHER in the LONG list of SSR / GM problems including electrical, mechanical, hydraulic etc. issues we ALL have / will have if you keep your R long enough and actually drive it more than a few miles per year. Fortunately there is a fantastic support group of fellow owners you have dedicated themselves to keeping us.
on the road.

NOTE to ALL New Owners: I would recommend establishing a "Future Repair" savings account that way when there is a breakdown you have the money ready to go. Its "NOT IF" it breaks, its "When it does breakdown".

"LONG MAY WE ALL RUN WITH OUR Rs SHINING IN THE SUN" I actually drove my R 3 times in the rain and nothing fell apart or stopped working when it got wet.

·
Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's
1,738 Posts
This has nothing to do with you my friend. This is just ANOTHER in the LONG list of SSR / GM problems including electrical, mechanical, hydraulic etc. issues we ALL have / will have if you keep your R long enough and actually drive it more than a few miles per year. Fortunately there is a fantastic support group of fellow owners you have dedicated themselves to keeping us.
on the road.

NOTE to ALL New Owners: I would recommend establishing a "Future Repair" savings account that way when there is a breakdown you have the money ready to go. Its "NOT IF" it breaks, its "When it does breakdown".

"LONG MAY WE ALL RUN WITH OUR Rs SHINING IN THE SUN" I actually drove my R 3 times in the rain and nothing fell apart or stopped working when it got wet.
I can't just see this post without responding. This has nothing to do with whether your doing something wrong or right. It doesn't matter what you drive, there can be problems with some. I thought Mercedes Benzs' were supposed to be the end all, be all, so I bought one, it ran and rode fine, so I traded it in on a newer one. Well, the newer one was a dog, water pump, electrical problems, and finally it started burning oil. The Mercedes dealer told me..."yes, if you leave them parked in single digit temperatures the water pump seals fail", some consolation! There are dogs in every make and model, it's just that we see more of the problems on this site, because this is the only SSR Site, so all of the problems are consolidated in one place. We've got to keep in mind the newest SSR is 12 years old. Is it only me, or it seems the ones that get driven a lot, seem to have less quirks? I've got 73,000 mi on my '03 it runs great, and (touch wood) no problems, other than a stuck micro switch in the roof, which just cost me elbow grease, no $$ out of my pocket.

·
Premium Member
6,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree with you 100%. It was just the fact I had the door panel off and everything work perfectly before. Than I button it all up and the door doesn't open. If you have ever seen how thin the plastic is where the latch attaches you would ask your self " What were these Engineers thinking". Cheap, Cheap, Cheap.

·
Daily Driver
8,976 Posts
I actually drove my R 3 times in the rain and nothing fell apart or stopped working when it got wet.
Three times, you savage you.
My truck in out in the elements 24/7/365, daily driver year round, and hasn't fallen apart as fast as I am.

Is it only me, or it seems the ones that get driven a lot, seem to have less quirks?
I agree, use it or lose it. A housewife slaving away every day is happier and healthier than Rapunzel in her tower.

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
3,293 Posts
SWT RDv
You know how they say "Misery loves company" I took mine to school today after my battle with the new seat covers and lo and behold the left window would not go up with switch. It did go up at the end of top up cycle. I am glad I have the old satin switch plate so I can somewhat quickly get this resolved. I will look at repairing circuitry after Maggie Valley.

I am worried that reading your threads caused me to catch your illness. :pokey:

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Dicktator Has a REPAIR KIT FOR THE BROKEN TABS

·
Premium Member
6,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dicktator Has a REPAIR KIT FOR THE BROKEN TABS
As my previous post 2 kits are ordered from S/E. I also had 2 of the plastic handles purchased from Mike Byers, which by the way are a lot thicker than OE.

·
Premium Member
7,432 Posts
Maybe I'll stop doing upgrades, remove the bed cover, park it under a shade tree and throw my empty beer cans in the back. Then I'll be a true Tn *******.
I'm sure your lovely wife, Doris, would approve of this !!! Oh, by the way you might wanna' change your project from National Chevrolet SSR Day to ... NASTY Chevrolet Day if you have any more WHY ME's :grin2: :grin2: :grin2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts