Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last fall I had all my steeper motors replace. Today I'm going 80 mph at 1000rpm. So what that's tell me, bad motor on speedometer. When it is shut off needle sweeps down to bottom center. Can someone tell me what their speed is at 1k ,1.5k, 2k &2.5k on their tach. I think I know pretty close by guessing. Don't want to get a ticket going to the Valley.

·
Ms Donna's Driver
04’ Silver and 05’ Sinister
5,031 Posts
I would suggest you down load a ‘speedometer ‘ app from the App Store for your phone. I use one a lot of the time since I drive different vehicles that are older and just would like to be sure the speedometer is accurate. Plus it is easy to view. That will get you to Maggie safely.
As for the SSR speed vs RPM it is different between the automatic and manual 6 speed. If I remember, my 05’ with manual runs aprox 1750-1800 @ 70mph. There is a 2-3 mph differential between my app and speedometer, but I don’t have original tires on the truck

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,825 Posts
I use MPH on my GPS. Mine also turns red if driving over speed limit. Handy on roads your not familiar with.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,171 Posts
No I noticed needle fluctuating about a month ago. Maybe because these REDLINE SSR's just go to fast.
The truth is in a Redline Red the speedometer actually reads high so you just think and feel like you are going fast. Now the Slingshot Yellows actually you are going fast. Speedometers in them are calibrated perfectly because of the Taxi thing you know!!!

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
I found my GPS and my speedometer are within a mile of each other at 60MPH and 100MPH going up hill on the Merritt connector to Westbank/BC on the way toPentiction

Reactions: REBEL

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,775 Posts
The latest stepper motors are X27-168. PC Board may be bad.

Try pulling fuse#27 for 30 minutes to reboot ECM. May reset.

Check GROUND. All Ground location on SSR How to Library by Ed Borland.

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5!853&cid=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5

Change ignition switch. EVERYTHING goes thru ignition switch.

Dicktator

On Firewall, ground for Cluster.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
The truth is in a Redline Red the speedometer actually reads high so you just think and feel like you are going fast. Now the Slingshot Yellows actually you are going fast. Speedometers in them are calibrated perfectly because of the Taxi thing you know!!!
Thank You Mr. Doggie, you beat me to the punch line! Wanna go fast for real? Do the Slingshot Yellow. There is a reason they went with the word “Slingshot” ya know. They’re pretty stinking fast!

Ok, I’m done now. :wink2:

Butch

·
Premium Member
7,295 Posts
Auggie, Auggie, Auggie :frown2: :frown2: :frown2: "don't you lie like that to me boy" Now that Taxi (Yellow Cab) thing is worth 3 :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

tennessee"Redline Red" !!!

·
Premium Member
7,295 Posts
Thank You Mr. Doggie, you beat me to the punch line! Wanna go fast for real? Do the Slingshot Yellow. There is a reason they went with the word “Slingshot” ya know. They’re pretty stinking fast!

Ok, I’m done now. :wink2:

Butch
Oh Butch, I didn't think anybody would pick up on the word "Slingshot" You would have to "insert" that word in the conversation !!! >:) >:) >:)

tennessee"FastlaneRed" :ssr :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts