Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any SSR owners in SWFL (Charolette, Lee and Collier counties) would like to get together once a month for coffee or breakfast? I live in Estero and am seeing more SSR's all the time. Thought it might be nice to get together and swap stories, compare notes and etc. I can meet most any day of the week (except Sunday's).
Any interested owners out there?

·
SSR Enthusiast
2004 Chevrolet SSR #10111 Ricochet Silver
223 Posts
I’m in Miami and would be willing to meet half way if anyone is interested.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Just wondering if any SSR owners in SWFL (Charolette, Lee and Collier counties) would like to get together once a month for coffee or breakfast? I live in Estero and am seeing more SSR's all the time. Thought it might be nice to get together and swap stories, compare notes and etc. I can meet most any day of the week (except Sunday's).
In Naples and would be happy to join.
Jim Fox

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FoxySSR, thanks for replying. Waiting for a couple more to reply before planning anything. I'll keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
2005 Yellow
19 Posts
Sure, Would like to meet other forum members. I live in cape coral
Allen- 2005 “yellow”

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,547 Posts
Go for it!! SSR Florida Chapter supports your effort.

I have been trying for a number of years to get So. West Florida to get more involved.

Dicktator

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
I'm new here but I'd be happy to host a breakfast meet.

I'd suggest Flippers on Lovers Key. Flippers has great breakfasts,a full bar and a great view of the bay.

Another suggestion would be the Island Cow on Sanibel. That's across the causeway (toll). Both have adequate parking. Both are kind of in the middle.

fltsfshr

·
BLU SSR
3,382 Posts
I'm new here but I'd be happy to host a breakfast meet.

I'd suggest Flippers on Lovers Key. Flippers has great breakfasts,a full bar and a great view of the bay.

Another suggestion would be the Island Cow on Sanibel. That's across the causeway (toll). Both have adequate parking. Both are kind of in the middle.

fltsfshr
Really don't have a dog in this fight and would only stop by when/if we are in the neighborhood during the winter.
Just an observation, but from the pictures of both places it would seem maybe the Island Cow would be the better choice.
Flippers looks like a really nice place, but so nice that I'm not sure that anyone who works on their own SSR and might have grease under a fingernail would feel comfortable!:unsure: Only judging from the pictures when you click on the links.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone for your replies, suggestions and interest. Unfortunately I'm booked solid through the month of February with relatives and guests visiting from the north.
I'm going to try and line something up for the 2nd or 3rd week of March. Appreciate the locations suggested, I'll check them out and be in touch in early March.
SSRGEEZER

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
3rd week of March is the busiest week down here. If I can help you in any way PM me. I've been around here a long time.

fltsfshr

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
fltsfshr, as I said in an earlier post I'm busy until the 2nd or 3rd week of March. If anyone wants to take this on they are welcome to. I'll try to help and/or get things rolling but it will still be a few weeks before I can commit. Thanks everyone for the interest.
SSRGEEZER

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
APRIL 25, 2020 UPDATE - To all who replied earlier, I'm still interested in setting something up HOWEVER the COVID-19 virus has sure put a damper on things.

I'm hoping by late-May or June things will have settled down enough that we can plan and execute a get together.

Thanks for your suggestions (locations, times etc.). I'll be in touch.

Be safe and stay well.

SSRGEEZER

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
APRIL 25, 2020 UPDATE - To all who replied earlier, I'm still interested in setting something up HOWEVER the COVID-19 virus has sure put a damper on things.

I'm hoping by late-May or June things will have settled down enough that we can plan and execute a get together.

Thanks for your suggestions (locations, times etc.). I'll be in touch.

Be safe and stay well.

SSRGEEZER
I'm ready whenever

1 - 20 of 58 Posts