Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i was told that GM had a satelite hook up to all the dealerships today April the 4th,2005 about possibly more deals on remaining 04 models etc. etc. and i know they added a $1000.00 off starting tomorrow on the new 05 GTO's.

I also heard another incentive or deal will be offered on the 11th of April,2005

I wanted an SSR but im about to give it up and go get one of the remaining 04GTO's at a big discount.

Just checking in to see if anyone would give up any information either private message or on this thread.

Anyone selling their SSR? or any take over payments? HEY doesn't hurt to ask, im about to buy the GTO i guess.

thanks for your help. Wish i could have joined the SSR family :leaving

·
Registered
122 Posts
Z16Z06 said:
Well i was told that GM had a satelite hook up to all the dealerships today April the 4th,2005 about possibly more deals on remaining 04 models etc. etc. and i know they added a $1000.00 off starting tomorrow on the new 05 GTO's.

I also heard another incentive or deal will be offered on the 11th of April,2005

I wanted an SSR but im about to give it up and go get one of the remaining 04GTO's at a big discount.

Just checking in to see if anyone would give up any information either private message or on this thread.

Anyone selling their SSR? or any take over payments? HEY doesn't hurt to ask, im about to buy the GTO i guess.

thanks for your help. Wish i could have joined the SSR family :leaving
I know how you are feeling Z16Z06. I was wanting an SSR since December and kept waiting for GM to help out the dealers but instead they closed the plant and decided to keep the price too high for me. So I went out and bought a Nissan Frontier instead. If GM does come up with something good I still have a check from Capital one and will get one. But the dealers here in California still will not deal. They want 34995 for a 2004 and 43+k for an 05. Maybe I will just wait and see what the 06's are like. By then I will have paid off my 0 percent loan on my 2003 EB Z06.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RSHottel said:
I know how you are feeling Z16Z06. I was wanting an SSR since December and kept waiting for GM to help out the dealers but instead they closed the plant and decided to keep the price too high for me. So I went out and bought a Nissan Frontier instead. If GM does come up with something good I still have a check from Capital one and will get one. But the dealers here in California still will not deal. They want 34995 for a 2004 and 43+k for an 05. Maybe I will just wait and see what the 06's are like. By then I will have paid off my 0 percent loan on my 2003 EB Z06.
Thanks RSHottel, nice to hear from you and yeah same way i got use to the 0%on my Z16.. but i know thats not happening anytime soon again.

I had a chance out of town on a good price on the 04 SSR but the interest rates shot to me were TOO HIGH. And places around here arent any better on interest rates because of the 04 models are a year old and being considered used even tho they are new. I cant afford the payments on the 05 models.. SO guess im out, i really am not crazy about the GTO's but for the bucks and the horsepower you cant beat the prices on the 04 still around and even the new 05's.

Oh well i'll give it a few more days before buying something else.

thanks and good luck when you purchase your SSR.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
offers

I saw an ad for www.chevyoffers.com. It has deals for other chevy's, but nothing for the SSR at this time.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Incentives

Z16Z06,
No new incentives, the special financing is still 5.9% but no rebates. Now have a new rebate of $1,000.00 called "Hot Button" money on all GM vehicles except the Hummer H1. Hope this helps.
Mike :cool

·
Registered
579 Posts
Why Not Buy a Used One and Save

Why not buy a used one and save $$$. You know all of the problems and if the one you buy still has warranty time left you can get the problems addressed.

:seeya E :seeya

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ECurtis said:
Why not buy a used one and save $$$. You know all of the problems and if the one you buy still has warranty time left you can get the problems addressed.

:seeya E :seeya

I dont see any savings when buying a used one VS a new one, look at the ads on ebay, autotrader.com and even here. You can get a new 04SSR sometimes even cheaper than you can a used 03 or 04SSR. most used ones are from $30,000.00 and up.

If you know other places to look or have one in mind please tell me here or in personal message. I have nothing against a used one at a cheaper price tho.

A very nice man gave me a dealership in his town last night after i posted this thread with a great deal on a SSR...I then called this dealer today with the new 04SSR for sale with a RED TAG PRICE hanging off the mirror saying pricing was $29995.00 plus the TTL.
When i called today The dealer confirmed this price and took my information.. I GOT SO EXCITED because i thought my search was OVER!! He calls me back after a few minutes confirming my credit check turned out great (as i knew it would) and then to add, OH YEAH THAT PRICE IS NOW $31,500.00 PLUS THE TTL. I'M LIKE OHHHHHHHHHHHH NO not again.. i mean why and how can they get by with this???? they have a Red Tag on it with one price and then jack it up on me for some reason or another???? I DONT GET IT!!! Losing patients and interest.. sorry. Isnt this false advertisement?
thanks for your input........... Tony

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Tell him to shove it and find a dealer that won't bend you over the hood, so to speak. There are plenty of real deals out there. Hang in there man!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wildcat66 said:
Tell him to shove it and find a dealer that won't bend you over the hood, so to speak. There are plenty of real deals out there. Hang in there man!

Thankyou very much, i mean $31,500 still isnt a bad price on the 04 but after having the red tag on the mirror for 29,995.00 a dealer shouldnt change the price on someone after telling them it is selling for the 29,995.00 OH well they lost my business. I also said to the dealer after he went up on his price i said " hey they started another incentive today with $1000.00 extra off, he said let me check and then came back on the phone and said " OH thats already included at 31,500.00 .. HAHA... I said SUUUUURE!

thanks i will hang in there for a bit longer.

·
Registered
73 Posts
scams

I had one worse, ad was 30.995 and I was all excited because I knew exactly which car they had on the lot, so I call to buy it and the guy says "oh, thats before all of the options, the real price is 34something." I felt like calling the attorney general but I have better things to do with my time. I did report it to gm thru the gmbuypower feedback link.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
patrol said:
I had one worse, ad was 30.995 and I was all excited because I knew exactly which car they had on the lot, so I call to buy it and the guy says "oh, thats before all of the options, the real price is 34something." I felt like calling the attorney general but I have better things to do with my time. I did report it to gm thru the gmbuypower feedback link.
Thats just SO NOT RIGHT of them to do that to you. WOW and they wonder why car salesmen are hated more than attorneys! HAHA!

Okay i will just do the report through the gmbuypower site..

thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Have you tried Chuck Fairbanks Chevrolet in Desoto? That is where I purchased my 05' SSR. Don't know if they have any 04's but they did me right on my deal.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Calcustom said:
Have you tried Chuck Fairbanks Chevrolet in Desoto? That is where I purchased my 05' SSR. Don't know if they have any 04's but they did me right on my deal.

Thankyou for the lead at Chuck Fairbanks, i did see the other night on the gmbuypower.com site that they have two 04 SSR's listed. I believe they have black and the silver color. I am currenty trying to make a deal in Houston on a 04 Ultra Violet, the guy is at a good price and i should know more tomorrow on interest rates. Maybe this will be a fun trip to Houston this weekend.

I'll post up if i get it.. thanks to all... crossing my fingers on the Ultra Violet

·
Registered
203 Posts
If the deal in Houston does not pan out, talk to Jeff Sorrels at Chuck Fairbanks. He quoted me the lowest price anywhere in the Metroplex, no pressure, no games or gimmicks. I sent him a request for quote by e-mail, he promptly replied with rock bottom pricing that nobody could touch. I cannot say enough good things about him. He has worked there for 12 years. That say's alot about the dealership also. ;)

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Calcustom said:
If the deal in Houston does not pan out, talk to Jeff Sorrels at Chuck Fairbanks. He quoted me the lowest price anywhere in the Metroplex, no pressure, no games or gimmicks. I sent him a request for quote by e-mail, he promptly replied with rock bottom pricing that nobody could touch. I cannot say enough good things about him. He has worked there for 12 years. That say's alot about the dealership also. ;)
I will for sure call him if things dont work out.. i really didnt want either color they have but who knows after seeing them in person. I orginally wanted Redline then saw Ultra Violet.... so i appreciate Jeff Sorrels name you sent.

thanks again.. Tony

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Dealers are stupid

To Z16Z06 , Had the same thing pulled on me by James Wood in Denton,Went to Frank Parra and bought a red 05 will pick up tomorrow :seeya

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Furykay said:
To Z16Z06 , Had the same thing pulled on me by James Wood in Denton,Went to Frank Parra and bought a red 05 will pick up tomorrow :seeya

Hey is that right? WOW i guess alot of bad dealerships out there.

I bet i had my hands all over your 05 Redline yesterday at Frank Parra, LOL.. i was there asking if they had any left over 04's and they said no and was showing me the 05 Redline out front..not sure if its the same one your getting? It was very nice looking just needed a bath. The Redline was sitting next to a Black 05.

Congrats and good luck........ let us all know how you like it

D

·
0 Posts
Red 05 6 speed

I found the $1000 GM deal here in NC and have a dealer ready to sell me a MSRP of $50,700.00 at $46,000.00 out the door before 3% sales tax.........Not susre anymore that even this is a good deal??????

1 - 20 of 22 Posts