Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any of you guys are about at the end.. First ( seems like years ago) the SSR was to have a bigger engine, more horsepower... price in the mid- to upper thirtys....

Now, reduced power, more expensive, delay after delay, no dealer information, at least accurate information, we are going to have a 2003 model and likely not get it until 2004.. already rumors of the larger,promised engine to come in the near future, rumor about mass production of the "panel" like vehicle ( reminds me of PT cruiser) ... leaks in the roof and other bad press in most major magazines... I am almost ready to cancel my order... Does anyone feel the same way.. or is it just me..?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
"Any one getting fed up?"

This is my last post. Talked to my dealer today.... Salesperson could not find my order in the system? I am beginning to wonder if I really had an order. I am also not as interested in 2003 as I was when I put my deposit down last February.

I am done waiting. Went out and bought an Infiniti fx35. It has Navigatioin, Satellite Radio, DVD Entertainment center, Rear Camera for backing up, Xenon(SP?) headlights and a ton of other fun stuff for less than my SSr --take delivery on Wednesday.

I am tired of waiting. I may take a look at 2004 SSr again next year if they are really as cool as they look.

Hello fx --Goodbye SSr,

Bye

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As a general rule you should never buy a vehicle the first year it's produced. I've been waiting two years for an SSR and it looks like my dealer has three allocations starting with the first one in February, 2004. Hopefully by then they will iron out some or all of the problems that they are having with the 2003's.

Got to tour the plant where the XLR's and Corvettes are made last week at the Z06 performance fest in Bowling Green. That's the third time I've been through the Corvette plant and I'm always impressed by the quality control that is evident on the assembly line. In fact, at the Saturday night banquet I was lucky enough to be seated across from the main quality control engineer David Peacy.

If you have a faulty reading on your fuel gauge I found out why from Dave. He says to run Chevron gas or use their additive and it will take care of the problem.

Hang in there guys, the SSR will be worth waiting for and the longer the wait the better the vehicle.

:cheers

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
:agree I agree with Dragon. The longer the better. I guess some people don't care to wait. After this storm we had I have seen some interesting things in people. Brings out the best in good people and the worst in bad people. There are people with chain saws scamming to make a buck to cut trees, and then, people like us, walking door to door with our saws and cutting them down because we care about our neighbors and doing it for free. The first day after the storm, I had the only working chain saw in my neighborhood in Va. Bch. so I began to cut a neighbors tree. Those folks followed us and next thing we knew, we had about thirty guys followig, lifting, pushing debris to the curbs and generally helping out. Oh, I know, the American Way says we should make a buck. In times like these, I think the big guy upstairs will probably frown on those folks. Off topic, but just had to vent. The same goes for those gouging on the SSR prices. Shame on you too.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good for you Cruzned. We have to have our priorities and those can change daily depending on circumstances which aren't always favorable.

I would never pay more than MSRP or what some dealers call Market Adjustments. In fact, I would never buy anything from a dealer that adds Market Adjustments. I would have bought a new Thunderbird but all of the dealers around me added at least $10,000 to the sticker. It's kind of ironic that they are having a hard time selling them now.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Worth The Wait!

Granted, this process hase been frustrating - my orig. depost was 7/01, order to GM 6/03, orig build 8/03, then September, now October 6. Still, I would rather receive a vehicle whose bugs have hopefully been worked out. This is unlike any other car/truck out there and especially after having seen one in person I think its well worth the wait. I'll hang in there.

·
Registered
110 Posts
fed up; absolutely

But...I too, will keep hanging in there. It goes way back to when I was 15 and wanted a 49 Chevrolet pick-up. The secong I saw the concept drawings, I knew I would have one. Put a deposit down two years ago. Then I saw one in person, and well, much better than I anticipated. If you are waiting for one, and are getting frustrated, and have not seen one in person, i would suggest you continue to be patient and wait.

Mine will hopefully not see much rain, but I'm not going to hide it from the clouds either. So, id rather have all bugs worked out even if that means waiting a little longer.

I still think it looks like 04 will be the first regular production year, easing the pain of having my 03 cancelled. (two deposits down for 04s)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts