Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey - here's a thought I had today...

Corvettes have, literally, room for raising and lowering their stance, built-in to the stock suspension. Turn a couple bolts here and there and voila. Little more complex in the back than the front, but still.

Anything like that on the SSR?

·
Registered
60 Posts
NO....The SSr is your basic suspension where as the Vette (C5-C6) is built with adjusting bolt so raise/lower suspension. Remember Vette has single leaf spring which make it easy to adjust

Here is Vette rear spring setup with adjusting bolt (bottom view).

Here is Vette front spring setup with adjusting bolt (top view).

George

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx for the clarification - guess I'll have to decide to get it done professionally. I just want a little drop.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
jammadave said:
Thx for the clarification - guess I'll have to decide to get it done professionally. I just want a little drop.
Look in to the Ground Force lowering springs, they were about $250.00 and not hard to install.

Here's some good info on the options available, and the issues and fixes people have encountered...

http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=677

Good luck! :seeya

G

·
If you just want to level your SSR, you can just buy the rear springs. Gets you down about 1-1/2". Much easier to do than the fronts (which require a spring compressor and removing junk under the hood to get to bolts/nuts). I ended up doing all 4 (Ground Force), but the front wasn't necessarily worth the effort. Picture here of someone else doing this:

http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3189

·
Registered
501 Posts
Lower it

Yea Jammadave,

I agree with psycoslaphead, I did all four on mine with the ground force.I've got just the ride I was looking for and no problem with resetting the camber and tow in.You can literaly do just the rear in a half hour or less.

·
Registered
2005 SSR
436 Posts
When I had my Ground Force Springs installed the serviceman did not move the expansion tank and the fuse box under the hood. The SSR was up on a hoist with the wheels and tires off. The top shock bolts were accessible through the wheel well. It just got easier. :thumbs

·
Registered
60 Posts
53wanab said:
Stop Showin off Black Majic.I got to tell ya yur Vette looks pretty clean under there
:) :)

Those pics were when it was fairly NEW (2000) now it looks like all other 5+ year old vehicles :) :)

George

1 - 9 of 9 Posts