Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be in Australia at the end of the month. Wouldn't mind meeting any owners while I'm there. Will be in Canberra, Jervis Bay (Vincentia), and Brisbane.

Slingshot Rules!
I'm going to be in Australia at the end of the month. Wouldn't mind meeting any owners while I'm there. Will be in Canberra, Jervis Bay (Vincentia), and Brisbane.
The only Aussie that comes to mind is . . . Vavoom.

By the way, Rod, I love Australia . . . do you need an assistant?

! :willy: ! :nono ! :willy: ! :nono ! :willy: !

Registered
We are beautiful New Zealand with our fab Ultra Violet SSR,just converted to RHD and we love it.We will watch your thread as we go to Oz quite a bit so would like to know where they are.Happy cruising.

BlueStreak
The only Aussie that comes to mind is . . . Vavoom.

By the way, Rod, I love Australia . . . do you need an assistant?

! :willy: ! :nono ! :willy: ! :nono ! :willy: !
I seem to remember reading that Vavoom sold the SSR but passed on the invitation to the new owner to join us. Hopefully we will hear from them.

Super Moderator
Correct, Vavoom have sold theirs - they live in Queensland.
I imagine there are a few more but I have noted 5 SSR's in Australia.
The only one I had a fanatic attached to (other than Vavoom) is Ken "kenee" in Melbourne.
I don't believe he has posted since about the time he bought it, likely a couple years now.

Premium Member
If you see one, and decide to run out onto the street to wave it down, REMEMBER TO LOOK RIGHT, not left.

I've managed to step off a couple curbs in London, and almost become a hood ornament for a British taxi.:glol:glol

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #8
That's no kidding. It is so ingrained to look left... This will be my 8th business trip there. And it gets me everytime (and I have been almost hit a couple of times) - good thing they seem to be able to identify a stupid American and honk.

Only driven once (and I don't plan on it this time either) and I kept track of how many times I hit the windshield wiper vs blinker.

Mirrors in the wrong place too.

First time I was here - saw the Cadillac club was having a big get together. Pretty cool seeing a lot of cadillacs from the 50's and 60's.

BlueStreak
There were a few, but the problem was they had to convert to Right hand drive and that was/is really expensive.

SSR Pit Crew
We are beautiful New Zealand with our fab Ultra Violet SSR,just converted to RHD and we love it.We will watch your thread as we go to Oz quite a bit so would like to know where they are.Happy cruising.
It might interesting to see what actually takes place with an SSR RHD conversion. So, if you get a chance how about gracing us with a unique picture or two? Thanks.

Dave

BlueStreak
I had to do some digging, but here you go, from 2011 and our friends vavoom.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts