Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a suggestion for a CLEAR cargo mat to put in the bed (one WITHOUT the hard plastic sticky things that would scratch the wooden inserts)

That way with the clear mat you can still see the wooden inserts AND protect them at the same time.

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
Does anyone have a suggestion for a CLEAR cargo mat to put in the bed (one WITHOUT the hard plastic sticky things that would scratch the wooden inserts)

That way with the clear mat you can still see the wooden inserts AND protect them at the same time.
I think @Light Show can give some advice. He has a clear piece of hard plastic covering his American Flag and LED lights in his bed area. Hopefully he will see that I have mentioned him and will answer up soon. :wink2:

·
Registered
604 Posts
clear sheet of plexi glass you can get at hardware stores or lowes in various thicknesses. I bet if you make a template it can be cut to fit exactly the curves of the bed. Things will slide around however.

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,920 Posts
You can get clear marine Vinyl in 20, 30 and 40 gauge. Very heavy and durable and if cut to fit snug in the bed it won't slide around and it will keep items from sliding around placed in the bed. It will eventually mold itself to the contours of the bed after parking in the heat a few times. About $10/yd only need 1.5 yds. Many sources available but here is one:

https://www.marinevinylfabric.com/p...pyOxbgcV3UHlnNHu6NnzTPFZegrFcR8AQIaAtSQ8P8HAQ

Greg

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can get clear marine Vinyl in 20, 30 and 40 gauge. Very heavy and durable and if cut to fit snug in the bed it won't slide around and it will keep items from sliding around placed in the bed. It will eventually mold itself to the contours of the bed after parking in the heat a few times. About $10/yd only need 1.5 yds. Many sources available but here is one:

https://www.marinevinylfabric.com/p...pyOxbgcV3UHlnNHu6NnzTPFZegrFcR8AQIaAtSQ8P8HAQ

Greg
That's the best idea yet! Thanks!:liebe011:

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,393 Posts
I have seen the clear vinyl at fabric stores like JoAnns, Hobby Lobby, Michaels. Might be less costly than Marine supply?
In Kathy's '04 :purple: she had a rubber Purple Yoga mat, she doesn't use, Surprise!, that fit perfect between the hard bags and matched the UV pretty good!! Just cut length, but bed slats don't show

Nick

·
Premium Member
31,289 Posts
I just removed the "wood" strips from my bed. The outer ones slide into the tracks and the rest are just held by "velcro-like" stuff.

I ended up scratching the hell out of my originals in the first few weeks I owned it. I put a cooler in the back and it just slid all over the place. Bought another set plus the satin silver set and those are safely tucked away in storage along with a bunch of the other accessory goodies.

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,920 Posts
The vinyl at craft store is too thin. It will just get wadded up in the bed. The marine vinyl is much thicker and will hold its shape.
Besides at $10 a yard and only needing 1.5 yds how much cheaper does to need to be?

·
Crazy Horse
659 Posts
I can give you the exact dimensions to the tee. But has to be exact. 48 7/8 X 42. Can't go 49. Has to be 48 7/8 X 42. I learned the hard way. I recommend only 1/4 inch lexan. The 1/8 in thick plexiglass will break. Learned that the hard way. Lowes has the 1/4 inch Plexiglas but will not cut it. You have to go to a glass replacement company. :sunce:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts